Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

congratulations America !! xx

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Belly Dance Competition on CNN

I had to post this video, in case the dancers haven't seen it. I was so excited by it this morning!

Enjoy,

Azeeza

http://us.video.aol.com/video.index....pmmsid=1673814

Post Thanks / Like

Big congrats to Bozenka

Post Thanks / Like

Wish I'd seen that competition. I have CNN on my tv.

Post Thanks / Like

hm, quite an arrogant remark of that Egyptian dancer...

Post Thanks / Like

Moon:

Did you think Dina made a snide remark?

I thought she was saying that any time there is a belly dance competition in Egypt, where dancers from all over the world participate, the Egyptian dancer always wins, no matter if the foreign dancer is better and that wasn't fair.

Did I misunderstand her? I have quite a few Dina videos and she is so incredibly wonderful to her students and is a great teacher even though there is a definite language barrier. I've appreciated her more after acquiring these tapes.

Azeeza

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt her remark was meant to be arrogant. I agree with Azeeza's impression. Language barrier could have been a factor. I don't think she was trying to "diss" on dancers of other cultures.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Contest on CNN

Dear Group,
    Does anyone know who the judges were for the contest? I saw the clip and it does not change my feelings about Bozenka and her dancing. Egyptian dancers of good caliber should not enter the contest... I would agree with Dina on that.
    Regards,
    A'isha

Post Thanks / Like

From some other forums I read that to the judges belonged e.g. Dr Mo Geddawi and other "masters" of Egyptian dance who also were teachers at the festival.

As dance competitions in Europe are not too popular (or at least have not been) it is somehow strange to me that a long time famous pro dancers like Bozenka participate in the competition where most of the others are amateurs or at least unknown to international public. For an amateur dancer the price of dance costume would have been something very special when to Bozenka who probably makes loads of money with BDSS it is just one more line on her credit list... What if Nour or Katya or some other foreign dancers who dance pro at Cairo would have participated?

Post Thanks / Like

Default CNN, etc.

Dear Kiraze,
    I have seen Bozenka live and from what the news report said, she was not chosen so much for her great moves in general as for her spins and turns.... and something else... I forget what. Bozenka is an average good American style dance dancer... Egyptian she is definately not. If she was up against a lot of amateur dancers, then I could see where she might win, but my goodness, what is a professional doing in a contest anyway??
    Regards,
    A'isha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast