I am nervous with this up coming show

janaki

Hi everyone

This is our 5th anniversary show of our new studio, Oasis Dance Centre, in Hong Kong. Tickets were over sold. Great news!!! It is typoon season in HK. Some times we get freak storm and stuff. Our show is on 15 July. We have some 50 students of all levels perfroming. My shows is called " egyptian cocktail". It has Raqs sharqi. baladi, melaya, Fellahin and Haggalla. My students are performing these no. for the first time and we are very nervous. This is first time I am putting together all egytian stuff. We have many egyptian audience too.
Wish us luck please!!!!

Hugs and kisses
Janaki

Moon

Good luck!

Last edited:

Yshka

Dear Janaki, you'll be fine:)!! It seems like you've got everything planned out nicely. Your Egyptian dance line up sounds wonderful. I feel your audience will be very pleased with the performances. And don't worry too much about storms ok? Your show will blow them all away:cool:

Best of luck to you and your students. Let us know how it went and please take many pictures and/or videos!:dance:

Kharmine

Break a leg, as they say in theater!

Do you have backup in case a storm comes up and your power fails?

Aniseteph

Ooh yes, we want pictures and clips!!! :D Have a great show, keep smiling and have fun. :dance::clap::pray:

Mya

Awww..Janaki you have all our good vibes coming towards you..not an outdoor event is it? If you're indoors and have a back-up generator for electricity then that's all you need!

janaki

Awww..Janaki you have all our good vibes coming towards you..not an outdoor event is it? If you're indoors and have a back-up generator for electricity then that's all you need!

Hi Mya,

It is an indoor event. We have backup sound system and backup generator and everythign else. What happens here is, during the storm weather, HK govt issues storm signals. If the signal is higher we are not allowed to go out. Hopefully the wearher will hold up.

Hugs
Janaki

chryssanthi sahar

Dear Janaki.

I wish you very very very much luck:D And all typhoons should stay far far far away at the time you have the show! The sun should shine and people should feel comfortable to get out of their houses (I know how it is with the typhoons, I experienced three of them during my stay in Japan:lol:). I'm sure it'll be a great show:D We are waiting for pictures and videos:dance:

Lydia

oi am sure you will be fine !!!with your drive,all with be ok,goodluck i will think of you:dance::dance::dance:Lydia

Safran

;)
Hi Mya,

If the signal is higher we are not allowed to go out.

Then again, if the signal is issued during your show, you'll have a marvellous excuse for having a marathon hafla, until the weather clears out ;)

Seriously now, I'll also be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

slinks

I'm so glad I'm not too late to wish you luck .. hey, Moon you wanna share that clover with me so I can share with Janaki too :)

janaki

Hey you guys!!!

You all are soo sweet!!! I have just come back from the rehearsal with a massive head ache. Everything looks good apart from the unpredictable weather!!! I am soooo sooo happy to read all these positive messages and I feel like I am on top of the world now!!! I really need all this positive energy. I am so glad that I belong to a such a lovely community!!

BTW, we have 50 plus dancers performing(shocking hey!!!).

Hugs n kisses
Janaki

Maria_Aya

Wishing you with all my heart the show from everything big to the smallest detail to go great !!! Knowing the anxious before a show I know how it is.
You got to continue doing what you have in plan, relax and enjoy it, and everything will go perfect.

Kisses, wishes and hugs
from far away Greece to lovely Hong Kong

Maria Aya:)

Mya

Janaki deary we can all will good weather over your event :)
I demand pictures of the success when it takes place.

Sara

Hiyas,

Tha'll not need luck am sure n it. But, as will say Kushti Bok cause tha'll have a great time and whatever happens ah reckon will happen cause it's ment to. ;)

taheya

:dance: Have a wonderful show Janaki! Enjoy it and the audience will enjoy it too, it is going to be great I know it!!

Zurah

Eight times good luck to you Janaki! (I don't much like to wish 'break a leg' to someone going onstage, regardless of tradition). Do post pix!

janaki

Hey you guys!!!

Tks again so so much!!! I have just come back from rehearsing the girls. I feel more comfortable today. Your messages are so positive and they give me positive energy. Love you all!!! I'll keep you posted.