Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Advertisement system for the forum

Hey everyone,

We know that banners can be annoying at times. On the other hand it's prudent to provide some space for advertisers in order to financially support a large web source.

You might notice a new floating banner on the forum. I'm working on an advertisement system for the forum, it's not complete yet but is up and running. We thought that one floating banner that rotates ad's would be more appealing for readers and more effective for advertisers instead a plethora of banners.

As always I'd like the community's feedback

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anatoliy View Post
    We thought that one floating banner that rotates ad's would be more appealing for readers and more effective for advertisers instead a plethora of banners.
    I agree

Post Thanks / Like

floating banners are more interesting cos you can go back to it .. like if you are reading a thread, then perhaps before going to the next page or thread read the next ad that is rolling up ... I always read the floating news words that roll along the bottom of the tv dueing the news, rather than listen to the newsman !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Is the floating banner that thing moves with your scrolling up and down?

If so I find it really really annoying and PLEEEEEAAAASE is there a way to set a preference somewhere to stop it because it is bugging the h*ll out of me. I love this forum and it's spoiling it bigtime for me

Hate it hate it hate it, it's driving me nuts, a complete dealbreaker IMO

Post Thanks / Like

I actually don't mind the floating banner... especially as it has to do with belly dance products and related items...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aniseteph View Post
    Is the floating banner that thing moves with your scrolling up and down?

If so I find it really really annoying and PLEEEEEAAAASE is there a way to set a preference somewhere to stop it because it is bugging the h*ll out of me. I love this forum and it's spoiling it bigtime for me

Hate it hate it hate it, it's driving me nuts, a complete dealbreaker IMO

ummm...yea it is really really distracting..and not in a good way...but i do understand the need for advertising...so maybe as she suggested if we could at least have a way not to have it scroll with us that would be appreciated vastly.

Post Thanks / Like

Aieee! Neon is stalking me in her pointy-toed shoes!

It was annoying at first, but I'm quickly learning to ignore it. I hope it increases revenue, because if you make the same amount, IMO, it's not worth the annoyance factor. You want new readers/members to stick around, right?

Post Thanks / Like

I love belly dancers. Ask them any question and you are sure to get a spectrum of opinions from "I love it" to "I hate it, hate it, hate it".

Right now, we average about 5 new members a day and about 140 new posts per day. The forum is growing and those numbers will get larger. It takes Salome, myself and a team of 24 volunteer moderators to keep this forum running smoothly; peaceful, spam and troll free etc.

The banners are the only source of income from the forum, so we are not in a position to discuss whether or not to have banners but rather how to find a happy medium. Aniseteph brought up a great idea (thank you Aniseteph ). Members who love the forum but hate the banners should have the option of a banner free forum. We will create a "Premium Membership" option - for a dollar a month premium members will see the forum without any banners on it. So everyone will be accommodated.

What do you think about this idea? How many of you love the forum, but hate the banners, and would pay a dollar a month to not see banners and support the forum?

Post Thanks / Like

I kind of like the banners...they're pretty. It's the floating/following banner that annoys me! Like a spooky suit of armor in Scooby Doo, that's always RIGHT BEHIND Shaggy when he turns around.

I personally wouldn't pay the $12, but I think it's a great option to have.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I do appreciate you got to have advertisements, it's just the Scooby Doo "behind you" effect that bugs me. If it gets too bad I'm making a special curtain to go down the side of the my monitor (lavishly fringed, sequinned and beaded of course).

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast