Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I must admit I dont like the floating banner. It is distracting. I think it would not be so distracting if it was static. Would that be possible instead??

Post Thanks / Like

I understand that the forums needs ads, but this flopsy most annoying slidy thing is also driving me mad! I know many sites use google- like text ads. If that is not possible could you please please please make it static????

I am actually interested to see links to belly dance resources(when I click it it wants to take me to the site in the current window, would it not be better if it would open a new window, instead of taking us away to another site?)

Why not use several smaller static banners instead? I really HATE it as it is!(Just my 2cent)

Post Thanks / Like

I'd also prefer a banner standing still. The size of it could stay the same, or they could e multiplied as the thread shows 10 posts at a time and there would be plenty of room. Then again, if the other members also feel the need for the "premium account" thing, I'd probably go along.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually usually click on static side banners on bellydance sites because they usually have some good information. I wouldn't pay $12 to get rid of the ads because they don't bother me, but the scrolling does. The moving makes it difficult to read the posts for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Uhm, sorry if this is a stupid question, but are these moving banners already on this forum, because I see nothing moving. I only see the static adds by google on the left.

Post Thanks / Like

You don't see a colorful sliding picture that seems to follow you as you read down a page, Moon? It's on the left below the last link on the list for "Belly Dance Store."

It still doesn't bother me. Once I've read it once, I can tune it out pretty effectively. I think I'm in a weird minority, though...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    are these moving banners already on this forum, because I see nothing moving
    They are not "officially released" yet. I'm still playing with them. That's why those "flying monsters" are only in the "Sunset" layout. People who use the "Blue" layout (like you) still see the old good Google banners.

Quote Originally Posted by Didi View Post
    It still doesn't bother me. Once I've read it once, I can tune it out pretty effectively. I think I'm in a weird minority, though...
    How come that when 3 members out of 1,855 posted that they hate new banners, you feel like you are in a weird minority if you don't hate them? Is 3 a major part of 1,855?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for telling about the blue layout! I am off to it!

PS Anatoliy why not add a poll to this thread on sliding vs static banner and see if it is only 3 ppl indeed that find sliding banner irritating?
    Last edited by Reen.Blom; 07-11-2007 at 07:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anatoliy View Post
    Is 3 a major part of 1,855?
    Hey I'm a stroppy minority!

Post Thanks / Like

I just tried "sunset" and I don't see any floating banners there either

But yes, let's keep the blue theme floating banner-free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast