Movement breakdown for the new boyfriend

Fire Lily

Hello everyone.

My new boyfriend is new to the world of bellydance.
He would like a simplified description of various dance moves.
I'm an intermediate/advanced dancer. And I need some help putting them into written words.

Basically formatted like so…

Maya - Vertical figure 8 with hips in a downwards motion

Etc...

Much thanks in advance:D

Fire Lily

Hellooooooooooooooooo? I need some help here.
That wasn’t a rhetorical question I posted.
I know people are looking at the post. So some help would be appreciated. :rolleyes::think::confused:
I feel like i'm :wall:

Moon

Well ehm, this is a little difficult because there are often so many names for the same movement, and I'm not that good at putting them into words, but I'll try.

Snake (as I know it) / Horizontal figure 8 - Vertical figure 8 in an upwards motion

Camel - Undulation of the lower (or entire) upper body while stepping with the first foot and closing with the second foot.

Head slide - Horizontal side to side motion of the head

(maybe you can also find some video clips for your boyfriend in which you can point out several movements for him? For example Cassiopeia (spelling?) on youtube)

janaki

If you are an intermediate/advance student, you should know most of the the terminology!!!! Reen.blom has posted a thread titled " Bellydance terminolgy" Check it out and it may help!!!

Reen.Blom

Hello everyone.

My new boyfriend is new to the world of bellydance.
He would like a simplified description of various dance moves.
I'm an intermediate/advanced dancer. And I need some help putting them into written words.

Basically formatted like so…

Maya - Vertical figure 8 with hips in a downwards motion

Etc...

Much thanks in advance:D

Any specific moves? Why dont you try to describe them here yourself and we see what we can add?

KuteNurse

It is so hard to explain what you are trying to do on here...At least for me. It is best to buy a good dvd explaining the moves or to take your boyfriend to a BD class where he can get good constructional criticism on these moves....Good luck to you on this.

Moon

Reen.Blom said:
At the same time?
Not sure what you mean here.
I mean I know as "snake" what most of the people here know as "horizontal figure 8 in upward motion", it's the same move.