Lipstick Sealants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marisha25

Hi there! I have pretty long hair and I've also fallen victim to it, turning from a fabulous dancer into uncle "It" but what I hate most is it sticking to my lip-gloss. I heard about lipstick sealants, but they are quite expensive. Has anyone used those?

Mouse

I haven't tried them, but since I also have the same problem (my hair comes down to my hip) I'd be interested in knowing if they work :)

Azeeza

I Have...

A long time ago, I did try one of those lip sealants and I found them to be dry and flaky. Especially if you smiled.

The formulation could have changed since then, but now you've got my curiousity up. I may have to buy one and see what it's like.

Azeeza ;)

Mair

Sephora brand makes a lipstick sealant. I can't vouch for it but I hear decent things. You also could use one of those lipsticks that dries to your lips (Bourjois makes one), but those do get very gunky and gross if you wear them too thick. If you wear a thin layer and apply the gloss, you shouldn't really feel it at all. Of course, you then run the risk of your hair getting stuck in the gloss and tracking the gloss across your cheeks, so another option is lip stains. Very, very matte (clear lip balm might be able to help here, and it's not at all sticky), but lasts forever and can be layered for a very deep, rich color.

Hope I've been helpful. :)

<3Mair

Safran

Hi Marisha!

I used one every now and then - can't recall the brand though. Maybe it is still somewhere around the house - I'll let you know. The main problem I had was that your lips need to be in perfect condition for using that stuff. If it gets into any little wound it hurts like hell! They do dry your lips, especially if you wear them for a long time, but I think it should be ok for using for a performance and then removing it immediately after.

Another suggestion: those two-phase lipsticks. That you apply the colour first, let it dry, and then add the gloss, which is actually a moisturizing balm. It leaves a nice finish and isn't half as sticky as the lipglosses.

Mandii

I hate lip sealents, so i just use a brush to apply my lipstick over my lip liner, then i only put a dab of gloss on the middle of my lower lip. so there is less on my lips and less sticking!

Demelza

don't kno about lip sealant but the other day i bought a Maybellene lip colour. It was a truly sultry deep red and I put it on not realising that it was a stain! the one that lasts for at least 16 hours. I honestly couldn't get it off ! I was there scrubbing away. . . i ended up liking it and it actually comes with it's own lip gloss that you apply on top every couple of hours and its the nicest lip gloss i've ever come accross, very shiny and not sticky whatsoever. xx

Mair

Demelza, do you know the name of the product? I see you're in England, so it might be different from what we have here, but I'd like to check it out next time I'm at the drugstore.

xo

Demelza

Mair !
I just had a look and unfortunatly I think the name must have been on the box cos the lipstick itself only says maybelene. sorry XX

Status
Not open for further replies.