Wala Wahed Translation

BailaNM

Can anyone provide a translation to Wala Waled by Hakim (note: not wala wala)? Or in the absence of a full translation, an idea of what the song is about and the mood? I've loved this song for a long time and have never been able to find a translation...
Thanks so much in advance!

Yshka

Hi, do you mean Wala Wahed? I only know this title by Hakim (which is not El Wala Wala).
I'll have a look around for you:).

BailaNM

Wala Waled

I'm pretty sure it's Wala Waled, unless there's a typo on my album, which I suppose is possible. I bought Hakim's greatest hits (from Amazon). It's track #1. (Followed by Efred as #2, I believe Nar is #7, etc just for examples).
Anyway, thank you so much for your time and let me know if you have any luck!
Baila

Yshka

Well it could be possible there is also a song called Wala Waled. I'll look into it and post back later, maybe we are not talking about the same song;)

Edit: ok I just checked the Greatest Hits album by Hakim on maqam.com, and this is what it says:
1. Wala Wahid
2. Afridh
3. Mush Kuli Ah
4. Hayil
5. Beini Wou Beinik
6. Tisharaf
7. Habeitu Nar
etc....
So I think this is the song you mean. If I find the lyrics to this song I'll post them here, maybe it is the same one.

Last edited:

BailaNM

Wala Waled/Wahid

Wow, how interesting, with the variations in spelling and everything...
I'll look forward to hearing what you are able to find! In the meantime I'll experiment with other spellings in my search as well.
Baila

andalee

Wala Wahed

Morocco has translated this and passed it out at her workshops. I am not sure if I am allowed to share it with you though. I will look at the handout when I get home and post if I can. BTW Morocco has translated it as Wala Wahed.

Yshka

I'm quite convinced now that it's Wala Wahed. If you listen carefully to Hakim's singing you can hear him say Wa7ed. All cd's on amazon that have this song however say Walid/Waled.;) Still looking for translations though...

ArabGirl

Translation

Do u, by any chance, still need the translition for this song?? I was looking up lyrics for it and looking for the song, and I came across ur forum. I could translate it if u still want...

Yshka

Dear ArabGirl, yes please! I think you would make quite a few people happy by posting the translation. ;) By the way, welcome to the forum.

ArabGirl

Omg...

I just spend like an hour translating & it all got wiped out :(((((((((

I'll re-type it out later, gotta go do studying but I promise I'll repost it sometime this weekend.

Hopefully...