Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

OOOps charity I thought I was someDVDs name...LOL about Pops and Locks...LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by charity View Post
    do you lift straight up or kind of up and out? and does it depend on how high/exaggerated the lift is? on RB's dvd she has neck strain too. though i dont think my teacher has any neck strain at all. interesting...
    Not completely straight up. Although I wish I could do that. Then my boobs would be right under my chin. Very useful at the beach, haha. Maybe you would call it up and out, I call it up but it's a bit diagonal through the body. I use the same muscles for small, big, smooth or popping lifts. Just with different dynamics.

Just for fun and to see if it makes it clearer I made this in photoshop. Please excuse the ugliness of it. It was done very fast and might not be completely correct in posture.
    immer glimmer

Post Thanks / Like

by the way, that pop'n'lock vid was amazing. That slow motion drop to the floor, OMG! Thanks for posting that.
    immer glimmer

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that video was amazing indeed!
    And they say bellydancers have good body control

At some moments I almost thought the video was manipulated and they weren't actually doing that! LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Indeed that video looked like somebody warped their bodies in some editing program... AMAZING!

On The dvd that I mentioned Ariellah says "when doing chest lift try to think of lifting your heart out, like in Yoga, up and out". Gisela this IS a nice pic you made, very clear!

Post Thanks / Like

that pic is very good. it explains the move like words cannot. what a useful tool to have.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had similar problems, but I think mine are related to disc trouble. I hope not though...

Post Thanks / Like

i know i keep asking this question, it is sprinkled among many an unrelated threads but the double chest lift with the single chest drop...how do you do that?

are you traveling the same distance as one lift but putting two distinct pops in there or are you doing a lift and trying to lift even further on the second pop. i'm trying to lift higher but i can go no more.

perhaps if i start in the drop position i can get two lifts out of it...but for some reason if i start in the drop position i can only do about 5 2-count lifts then they get ugly and jerky.

does that makes sense?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Charity,
    Sorry I cant really explain how to do it because I am not good at it myself yet!

But wait till your Ariellah's DVD comes on it in Drills section "Chest and pelvis" you will be able to drill all those "up-up and down-down"'s

when she is doing say, "up" and "down down down" you can really see that "up" goes really high, but "downs" she does from medium lift probably to have smaller amplitude between "down"s.

With chest lift in 2 steps she says "lift the chest half way up- then all the way up- and come to neutral". When I do it I think of the 1st part as if I am smelling flowers and my chest goes slightly up, then from that position I all of a sudden remember that I have some back muscules and really lift it all the way up- and the realease, thinking as on Jenna's DVD "releasing over the toes", not letting it drop back, a very "controlled release".

But when it comes to speeding up it does not really work, I need more practice I suppose....

*hugs*

Reen.Blom

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Charity, I'd suggest you start practicing it really slowly. Try to lift your chest somewhere halfway, really in a streching slow way, and then keep it there for a moment. This should help you locate more or less the midpoint where to stop also then coming down. Then continue the lift. And then try to do the same downwards.

I don't really lift the chest more to get two drops down, try to fit them in your regular lift somehow I myself tend to make the first upper drop shaper and shorter, and the second one more bigger and more loose drop.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast