Your "Dance" Name

BellaBohemian

I have to say, I really like Autumn for a name.

I'm all for a stage name... ;)

Autumn is actually my cousin's name :lol: Otherwise I agree its a very pretty name, for stage or personal use!

BellaBohemian, you would neither be the first nor the last dancer to decide her name was worthy of the stage. A couple of world class dancers I can think of off the top of my head are: Ava Fleming, Paola Blanton and Keti Sharif. Why wouldn't you want to keep such great company?

Ava Fleming is absolutely a beautiful dancer! I admit that I know very little about the other two you mentioned. Honestly, using my real name mostly boils down to my off-stage personality. Im a very brash, out-spoken person and I guess Im really nervous about it "tarnishing" how people see me as a dancer. I like the idea that when I step on stage, everything from the outside world is gone! It's just the music and the dance that matters! :D

Out of curiosity, does anyone else who uses there real name have this fear?

I really like your name Sybella, ok here are the names that match to you anwsers I have five turkish names and 5 hindi names k.

Turkish names

Ayfer- Moon light
Bengül- I am the rose
Esra- dark moon
Hediye- Autumn
Yonca- star

Indian names

Adrika- Celestial
Amari- eternal
Saanjh- Evening
Salena- the moon
Ira- earth;Muse

let me know what you think :D

Salena is the name of one of my friends haha! I think I need to know less people who have cool names. :lol: Amari is a beautiful name! I actually think it would be nice for a "last name" to give the stage name more power! Something like Sitara Amari could then mean "eternal star" or something else? ______ Amari?

You ladies got me researching a ton of names now! :dance:

Greek Bonfire

Actually, my eye caught Azure. How about that or Azura? It's a Latin derivative but it sounds as beautiful as the color.

Ismaila is my stage name, but I want it to be my legal name for a variety of reasons. It means "God has heard" and it is the the female version of the Arabic translation of the Hebrew name Ishmael from the Bible.

Indigo Shimmer

Okay, I'm nowhere NEAR having a stage name---yet! I just like alternative names. I like the native American idea of having a name for different stages of your life. I really think there are a lot of people out there that would have NEVER picked the name they have but they were a baby at the time and had no choice!

I have a real name that my co-workers and the IRS call me. I usually go by my historical re-enactor's name to my friends, Devon and it kinda grew into me. Indigo Shimmer was the name I used on facebook until I lost interest with the whole fb schtick. I pretty much just used my fb account to post pics of my critters since photography is one of my hobbies. I came up with it because I like anything dark blue. And "shimmer"? Well.....I'm a die-hard Dr. Who fan. Yes, I'm a nerd!

I NEVER put my real name on the internet. I have a rather damaged ex-hubby who would make my life miserable if I did!

Indigo S.