Thread: Hey

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey

Hi! My name's grant. I live in Auckland New Zealand. I find belly dancing is beautiful, and thought i would jump on to a forum to talk about it. I don't do much dance myself. I'm am however an avid fire dancer, particularly enjoying fire staff, single and double. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Grant welcome .. that fire dancing is pretty seirous stuff , single and double staff :-) I've heard of a few bellydancers dancing with fire .. not sure I'd like the look of it, though .. belly dance is great to watch .. fire dance is great to watch .. but the two together, hmm, I don't think you'd get much bellydance happening ..

Anyway hope you enjoy talking about bellydance cos I think that's all you're gonna get here :-D .. unless you start a fire dancing thread in the "Other dance stuff" or "Off Topic" threads ...

Welcome aboard ... lots to read, lots to watch and lots to play

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Grant from a fellow Aucklander

I have never danced with fire, but have been known to use immitation candles and flashing lights from time to time

Shakeelah

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Grant,

I find it very interesting, the art of fire dancing. I would like to hear some of the secrets involved. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grant View Post
    Hi! My name's grant. I live in Auckland New Zealand. I find belly dancing is beautiful, and thought i would jump on to a forum to talk about it. I don't do much dance myself. I'm am however an avid fire dancer, particularly enjoying fire staff, single and double. Looking forward to getting to know you all.
    Welcome to our family
    very nice i love fire too you can check my pharao dance with fires in youtube by typing alexandros bauchtanz

Take care
    Alexandros

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Grant. My instructor has us practice with poi balls. She said it's a good way to get introduced to the method of fire dancing. Do you agree?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, Hi everyone! wasn't expecting such a response. Cool!

Belly dance is great to watch .. fire dance is great to watch .. but the two together, hmm, I don't think you'd get much bellydance happening ..
    Hehe, naa I'm not really planning on developing a belly fire dance Slinks. Although I think I can see it working...

Hi Grant from a fellow Aucklander

I have never danced with fire, but have been known to use immitation candles and flashing lights from time to time
    Hey Shakeelah good to know there's other New Zealanders interested in belly dancing! Do you do it yourself?

Welcome Grant,

I find it very interesting, the art of fire dancing. I would like to hear some of the secrets involved. Thanks.
    There's not really any secret MyCapoeira, like anything to get better you need to practice. As you can probably imagine it's usually a better idea to get fairly confident without fire before you pull out the kerosene . Otherwise just muck around with a broom handle lots, haha that worked for me!

Welcome to our family
    very nice i love fire too you can check my pharao dance with fires in youtube by typing alexandros bauchtanz
    Classy stuff there Alexandros. The fire staff I do is more traditional. No camera, so no videos sorry...

Hi Grant. My instructor has us practice with poi balls. She said it's a good way to get introduced to the method of fire dancing. Do you agree?
    Yea sure Motherof2. I never really got too into poi, I think it's very very cool, but was attracted to staff more. For one thing as a place to start off I think staff is safer than poi because you can't get tangled up in a burning staff So even when i do hit myself (which I do a lot) I don't really get burnt.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Shakeelah good to know there's other New Zealanders interested in belly dancing! Do you do it yourself?

Yes I teach Belly Dancing on Auckland's North Shore.

Shakeelah