Greetings all - Sa'eeda

adiemus

I'm Bronnie, from Christchurch, New Zealand, very new to this dance form but loving it! Judith (Kashmir) is my teacher, who is very patient and thorough, and I am learning heaps from her - Thanks!
My daughter and I (my daughter is 14) decided to learn MED because my partner is a reluctant salsa partner, and I love to dance. My daughter Michelle has come along and despite posing a lot in front of the mirrors, is learning so quickly (and her flexibility is incredible, oh to be young again...).
I've joined this forum to learn more, have a place to ask dumb questions and hopefully make contacts with people who have a similar interest.
Other things in my life include photography, painting, design, and I've been a sewer from way back, so costuming is a real interest. I'm also studying my PhD about 'resilience' in people with persistent pain, and I work at a pain management centre as one of the psychosocial team.
I'm looking forward to cybermeeting you over time!:D

slinks

hey adiemus ... hello and welcome .. lots to read, lots to write, lots to play, and lots to watch ...

:) join the bellydancing club it's addictive !!

adiemus

Thanks Slinks - I noticed, about an hour has passed by just skimming the threads already!! plus I went onto Amazon to pick up a DVD and costuming book! Aaarggh! This dance form is addictive all right!:lol:

belly taz

Shakeelah

Hi Adiemus, and welcome to the forum from a fellow kiwi from Auckland.

You will find lots of good information here to suppliment Judith's wonderful teaching! Enjoy

Shakeelah

Safran

Welcome, Bronnie! it must be fun to attend classes with your daughter. And you've got the talent for costuming... Hmm, I say you're in a right place :dance:
And if you really have an interest in dance, none of your questions will be considered dumb. Enjoy the forum!

adiemus

Thanks for your welcome - it's an amazing resource and a friendly place to be (oh how many hours will I waste?!!) :redface:

adiemus

Yes!! I like you - great rationalisation! And I've learned a lot (how to spend time on YouTube, costuming advice, new steps, how time flies.....)!

Yshka

Welcome Bronnie!! You're addicted already I see, always good to see another bellydance-addict here. Happy posting and reading (and spending time on youtube, learning, making time fly...):D

adiemus

Thank you! I probably should be spending this time working on my shimmy, but hey everyone needs a break now and then!