Hello, Im New Here, from Phoenix AZ

Snake_Goddess

Hellou, Hello ladies...

My name is America, and Im from Phoenix Arizona.

I love to dance belly dance, im not a belly dancer but i want to learn.

I ready buy some instructional dvds from Jillina, so im going to see what's going to happen next...

Hope you have a good day......... and hope i can find lots of friends:):)

America Ireth!!!!!!!!!

teela

I would strongly recommend that you go to a teacher and get a good foundation. DVD''s are ok but you need someone to watch and help you establish good habits for the rest of your dance life. Phoenix has some great teachers. You can find a teacher here under belly dance instructiors or go to www.shira.net for another good list. The second also has some awesome info you can use.
Welcome

Snake_Goddess

Hello Teela,

Thank You for the tip:):)

I wish I can have a teacher too,:) but.................:( I work to many hours, the only day I have off is Sunday...

That's why Im trying to learn with DVDS, but I hope in a future If I Change my job, of course I will get a teacher..

teela

If you have no belly dance experience you might want to start with a DVD geared for absolute beginners like Jenna's basics and beyond. It gives the basics and gets you started.

slinks

welcome snake goddess :) I love Jillina !! But even though number one of her 3 dvd set is aimed at beginners there is no real foundation for all movement .. Jillina's dvd have the foundation for that choreograph that is on the dvd laid out .. I've learnt to dance by dvd for 9 years my first 18 months was with a teacher .. but natually if you don't have time you just don't have time .. I don't have Jenna's dvd but I have heard it is good .. There are lots of good ones out there and there are lots that need to be avoided too ..

For beginners I like ..
Suzy, from Canada
Shamira 1 & 2 sensual workout, from NJ
Suhaila's, Jamilla salimpour moves, from U.S
Jehan's 2 dvd beginners set Sacred Belly dance, from U.S

I have had or still do have the above mentioned ones

most of these above are available from Amazon.com: bellydance: DVD except Suzy google her :)

Beware of cardio workout ones for now, such as Rania, Neena and Veena or Oreet and a few others .. you'll not learn to dance but to excersize with those ones, right now you won't want that .. there is a huge market out there !!! You'll have to figure out which style you would like to do too .. all the best :)

scan the forum lots to read, lots to play, lots to watch and lots to say :) good luck in your search for a good basics dvd ... oh and teela was right go to Shira's site and check out her reveiws that was (and can still be) my guide to buying dvds

Snake_Goddess

Slinks Thank you very much, my friend.

I have the Veenas dvd, I think is about two sisters right?? I bought it like 4 months ago, but I started only like 20 minutes and than I stop because I said that it was to bored, but than I was reading information about what is belly dance about, and wow..... I never though that YOGA has alot to do with belly dance..

I will definitelly find those dvds from, suhaila and I will.... try to do my best, haha maybe one day, i will be like one of the belly dancers who upload their videos to you tube haha:)

Ireth.!!!

belly taz

Safran

Hello and welcome to the forum! Success with learning with the DVDs (seems that Slinks has given you already a whole lot of ideas :lol:) and I hope you'll soon find a teacher too! And I am sure we'll one day see you on youtube ;)

Snake_Goddess

Hello and welcome to the forum! Success with learning with the DVDs (seems that Slinks has given you already a whole lot of ideas :lol:) and I hope you'll soon find a teacher too! And I am sure we'll one day see you on youtube ;)

Thank You maariku....:)

Im doing my best ...........

Thank You MIAMI:)

jennatoga

I'm new too!

Hello everyone! I'm a beginner belly dancer and I am absolutely addicted! I just started in May but haven't missed a class (2x a week). We are learning Egyptian, Arabic, and now Turkish styles. My friends are so excited for me- but I think they're getting a little tired of watching my new moves! LOL ANyway, thank you for this wonderful board- I've learned so much already!