Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default games vs. dance talk

I find myself reading and posting on this forum less and less because the "new posts" page is more and more games and prizes, and off topic posts. This morning 15 of the first 25 new posts were from these two categories.

Sedonia

Post Thanks / Like

One evening (my time) there were several of us all on the games at once and it became a bit of a game to race around and play fast. Doesn't happen often, but was lots of fun- sort of like a chat room. Some of the dance related threads got so hot recently that it was a relief to escape into some nonsense for a while.
    Don't give up, Sedonia. Start some new mainline threads and I'll be there to follow them.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel the same from time to time!! I go to other forums and and see majority of the stuff is about selling costumes ( swap meets). But I am happy that here, I still see some very good quality posts!!! I wish there are more than less.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see what's wrong with the game section? If you don't want to read them, it's ok, just ignore them. There are still a lot more serious threads here. Maybe the people who prefer serious threads only should post more?

I personaly like most threads (apart from some games and threads about dvds)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not really into the game section either. I find it easy enough to navigate around them and get to the other forum stuff...

Post Thanks / Like

As for me I never use "new post" search I visit different parts of forums to see if the threads got new post! So it does not bother me!

As for games I think it is very cool, cos my internet is slow, so i open several games and while I read serious threads(I read much much more than I post- i am a 'lurker') I play some games- it is indeed like a chat! It is especiallyu nice if there are other pppl playing at the same time!

I think the solution would be if the game threads were not counted as "new posts" in the search.... but afraid that might be impossible!

Chat! I need chat!...LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Some of the dance related threads got so hot recently that it was a relief to escape into some nonsense for a while.
    I agree here and like Reen I lurk in the other pages too .. Some of the threads just get too hot and way off the topic ..

As Shanazel said, there were a few of us online playing games the other night and it was fun we always get some belly dance words in, we don't forget where we are ...

I do like serious bellydance threads but not when they turn into big serious debates about what is right and what is wrong and some times they are very intimidating or very contradicting

I would still play the games even if I did contribute to the belly dance threads

Post Thanks / Like

Sedonia, maybe subscribing to some serious threads you like would work for you? Then you get an e-mail notification when someone posted in one of the threads of your interest, and you don't have to visit the forum anymore when there are only new posts in the game section.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't visit the game threads that often, but I do see their value at the forum... They build the group culture, and often help you learn a whole lot about other forum members. Besides, they can turn out to be hilariously funny every now and then

I use the new posts function too, as it gives a very good overview of what has been going on. And, the good thing is that every thread with new posts that is listed there, also has the indicator, of which section it is in. So you can just overlook the games and head for the other sections with more content.

I hope you won't leave us, Sedonia

Post Thanks / Like

I hardly ever go to games...they just aren't my thing. I prefer table-top games, with RL friends (why isn't there a big nerd icon?).

The forum still has plenty of relevant content, IMO. I am also more annoyed by the constant hair-splitting showdowns that pop up all over the board. While I appreciate the points made, I get tired of seeing the same points made over and over and over again. I try not to contribute to those discussions (so as not to prolong the irritation), but occasionally I have not been able to help myself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast