Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Originally the games forum had pretty much only games that were related to this forum - sometimes in a very peripheral or fantasy way but... Slowly off topic types of games started showing up and people seem to like to participate so we left it be... Not a big gamer myself but every once in a while I get in on the word game.

Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by sedoniaraqs View Post
    I can throw out a few reasons why. I do answer technical questions on occasion. They are usually questions that are best answered person to person in the context of a live lesson, and to convey the information in a way that is at all meaningful requires alot of thought, analysis, and careful choice of words.

Just as an example, a while back I wrote two detailed replies about 3/4 shimmies. FYI it probably took me in excess of an hour to compose them.

Interestingly around the same time there was a thread about learning without a teacher, and there are a number of beginner dancers who ask questions but don't have a teacher. At least several mentioned that they can't take classes because the nearest teacher is an hour away.

Sedonia
    Sedonia, you answers are always brilliant! *hug* They really helped me lots, since I have no access to a live teacher! I agree it is best to attend class, but if there is no such option, then DVDs and forums are better than nothing!

I also felt quite sad that such great explanations like yours are often lost somewhere within long threads! And ppl ask the same questions over again(untill they discover 'search' feature). I still think you should place some of those awesome posts on a blog or a website! They are REAL GEMS!

Lots of love,
    Reen.Blom

Post Thanks / Like

PS I do have your 2 part 3/4 shimmy post printed!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sedoniaraqs View Post
    First of all, I threw my opinion out about all the games, not as a complaint, or demand that they be removed, or anything else -- just an opinion. I had thought it a number of times and decided to share, see what others thought, etc/. Sedonia
    I didn't see it as a complaint either. I was concerned that you might quit posting altogether which would be a great loss to us all, and I didn't want my frivolous attachment to the games to be part of the reason for losing you! Shanazel

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed...obviously different parts of the forum appeal to different people...and I hope that's OK!

Post Thanks / Like

I've been reading the games and they are totally cool...at the forum I admin at we had a 3 word game going for the longest time and it was so funny You have to keep a balance of fun and serious ... a good laugh is good for everyone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123