Male belly-dance is back in vogue in Turkey

Safran

This guy even made it to our most yellow evening news! With, of course, the usual remark from the news presenter about "belly dance giving a lot of sexual benefits" :rolleyes:

Suheir

You're not experiencing any sexual benefits, Zorba?! :shok:
Or are you just keeping up appearances?

Man, I could tell you stories... :naghty:
This is the blurb from the cover of an instructional DVD by a UK dancer who refers to herself as 'Mother Of The Belly Dance' (she always uses the definite article):

"Belly Dancing was once a thing of burning sands and the burning passions of the harem. Now, increasingly, it is coming to be recognised throughout the Western world as an exciting form of exercise for health and relaxation.

It can aid posture, breathing and balance, as well as stimulating the senses, releasing muscle tension and improving co-ordination

Practised often, it will heighten love making, release tension and depression while creating a sustained feeling of physical and spiritual well-being"

One of the moves taught on the DVD is the 'Pelvic Tilt' (it's a good old strippers' pelvic thrust) which is described as 'leaving little to the imagination' and is demonstrated travelling, advancing towards the camera.

Thanks for setting us back 30 years, 'Mother'.:confused:

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
You're not experiencing any sexual benefits, Zorba?! :shok:
Or are you just keeping up appearances?

Man, I could tell you stories... :naghty:
I can't say as I am...

Ignore the man behind the curtain...

MyCapoeira

This post has turned a different corner. I hate to say it, but I am slightly curious as to some of these "stories"...Just for the simple fact that I wouldn't expect to hear such situations coming from being a male belly dancer.