Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Paris, FRANCE or Cairo, EGYPT or Bratislava, SLOVAKIA
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Oh, I just watched her other videos, and they rather ARE WORRYING....that girl should not be allowed to go near oriental dance more than 20 meters. BY COURT DECISION!
    Last edited by Ranya; 08-04-2007 at 09:49 AM. Reason: forgot a "y"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranya View Post
    Oh Oh, I just watched her other videos, and they rather ARE WORRYING....that girl should not be allowed to go near oriental dance more than 20 meters. BY COURT DECISION!
    LOL Ranya!!! Yes, indeed. Yes, I frowned first and later I can't help but laugh. Yep! military training indeed. I didn't see a gram of sensuality or femininity in her video. Common, what are they thinking when they put out a video like this??

The first girl! I think she is from another planet in my opinion. If you see her other video, first of all she needs to learn how to wear a proper attire. Not teaching in undergarments!!! Oh puke!!!

Post Thanks / Like

WTF?? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA i love the second girl! hilarious! she looks like she's teaching the mentally challenged/hearing impared! and wtf are those moves? is she really calling that belly dance?
    oh my, i think she deserves praise just for making people laugh

Paris, FRANCE or Cairo, EGYPT or Bratislava, SLOVAKIA
    Post Thanks / Like

And the worst part is her video entitled "sexy dance" which she describes as a mixture of bellydance and something else...to hip-hop music. hm...and she always does her "instructional videos" to shakira...oh yes, now that's what I call bellydance, indeed.

Post Thanks / Like

Default OMG! check this out

She is calling herself a teacher??? She is instructing with chewing gum in her mouth
    I shoud put these clips in my other thread titled "What makes bellydancer's blood boil?"

Check it out guys, arms, fingers, mouth and all!!! OMG!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Some of her students move more gracefully...

(and somehow she reminded me of Boy-Shakira)

Post Thanks / Like

And she is chuwing gum!!!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrr. as to the previous videos I think it is not right to teach others something you eighter do not like or have no idea about.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eshta
    completely agree that these two are in no position to be posting instructional videos - no matter how many times you introduce yourself as an amateur, what is the point of posting instructions if you are trying to disclaim the instructions you're giving?
    True. And I was wondering, if you're doing an instructional video and you state at the beginning it's AMATUER, why would anyone want to learn from you? I shut it off only a few seconds after. Why would anyone want to learn from amateurs when there's tons of professional video material out there? I get the fact that she's wanting to share what she knows, but she's way not far enough to be teaching through video yet. There might be people actually trying to use this stuff and indeed develop bad habits without any correction whatsoever. This girl really needs some constructive criticism.... And I wonder whether her teacher knows (and approves)....

The second one came to me also as trying to teach the hearing impaired (spelling?). Something did look like army-fusion there heheh, and what was that thing she was doing with her legs during the first part? I didn't get it, oh well.... I know I strongly agree with A'isha when I say it makes my blood boil to see that some people go around calling anything bellydance these days. That didn't look like bellydance to me. Things like this are indeed able to hurt the reputation of the dance.

Re: the clip Janaki posted... I have nothing to add to Janaki's post but "OMG!!!". Janaki dear, you've said it all.

Alaya, you're so right. When one doesn't know much about the dance, one shouldn't be teaching what little they know to others.

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry but I was so shoched that I just had to post it in here. The warst part is after 2 minutes.
    YouTube - Ishtar's Arabesque Bellydance instruction video on DVD.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok that was one of the worst instructional videos ever...

Did you listen to everything she said??? OMG! And I didn't hear any Middle Eastern music throughout the entire video.
    And that floorwork was... ew... Especially when she says "you can also asks some friend to join in"

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast