Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

When I first saw that picture, I thought she had *accidentally* forgotten her skirt. I immediately got the urge to run up to her and wrap my veil around her legs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amulya
    I am actually afraid the audience in this picture is traumatised for life:

Planet Egypt June 2007
    Oh yes! Did you see their sad facial expressions?

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow.

I was gunna go to that show n all! Lol. Why dint they have no skirt on? What's the pyschology behind it? Really? I want to know, lol.

Paris, FRANCE or Cairo, EGYPT or Bratislava, SLOVAKIA
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh oh suheir, that was really awful...and yeah, I guess the audience didn't quite like it, judging from the pictures... I personnaly would add (after certain experience with classmates which I described in another thread):

"Do not try to lie about you oriental-dance education, skills and/or performance experience. Do not pretend you are the best dancer in the world when all your education consists of three youtube bellydance videos, each 3min long. Thus, do not undermine the reputation of educated and experienced dancers. DO NOT PRETEND TO BE A BELLYDANCER IF THE ONLY THING YOU ARE AFTER WHILE PERFOMING IS TO MAKE THE MEN IN THE ROOM HOT (and most of all, don't make them hot if you do not even do it right....hehe, sorry, could not resist, but hey...I know a girl who's just like that)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my Goodness! That was so gross and so embarrassing!!! Does not the venue have any rules??????

I really hope that my mother does not see those pictures under "Egyptian Bellydance" title!

I could never imagine one would go out and dance there without skirt! I have always been annoyed with ebay and other sites selling bedlahs and hipscarves and having models posing without skirt or pants. Each time I would say- this is a nice set but it is supposed to go with a skirt or pants. And here you go: dancing without skirt!!!

This is really bad, after all bellydance like no other dance gives you a choice of costume- feminine, beautiful, elegant, shimmery fairy tale costume- a womans dream about dressing up, and then she goes and dances almost naked!

That picture with a (I struggle to call her a lady) in a bridge pose... it is also so embarrasing, I am glad they did not take the picture from the other side!!!

This is really really so sad, I could cry!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reen.Blom View Post
    Oh my Goodness! That was so gross and so embarrassing!!! Does not the venue have any rules??????
    Planet Egypt is a monthly belly dance showcase organised by a belly dancer and pretty much the whole audience are dancers and the occasional dancer's boyf/hubby. It's an event I attend pretty frequently, and I've also performed there.

The organiser does provide a list of requirements expected from the performer. I can't find the copy I received but from memory although there was nothing explicitly requiring dancers to actually wear something while performing, the general tone was that the performers should conduct themselves in a professional manner.

That said, it's not logistically possible to vet all the performers in advance so occasionally you end up with some real "" performances! I missed June's but looks like it was one of them!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A'isha Azar View Post
    Dear Eshta,
    This is sublime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My highest regards,
    A'isha

Thanks A'isha!

On re-reading my rant, it sounds like an oath we should make all fledgling dancers take:"now put your hand on the costuming bible and repeat after me!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eshta View Post
    I can't find the copy I received but from memory although there was nothing explicitly requiring dancers to actually wear something while performing, the general tone was that the performers should conduct themselves in a professional manner.
    Geez I thought that would be something taken for granted.... Nowadays one should be specifily asked to wear a skirt while perfoming.... LOL I hurry to laugh at it, otherwise I would have to cry....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reen.Blom View Post
    Geez I thought that would be something taken for granted.... Nowadays one should be specifily asked to wear a skirt while perfoming.... LOL I hurry to laugh at it, otherwise I would have to cry....
    Me too Reen! I needed to hurry to laugh. LOL. You made some very valid points about ebay adverts. I think these girls are getting inspired by it.

now put your hand on the costuming bible and repeat after me!"
    Hi Eshta,
    Good idea.b
    I just made my pledge (not that I need to).

Post Thanks / Like

Oh. My. Goddess. (!)

That's the worst I've seen in quite a while. Where's the Coffee Table?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast