Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Most classes locally have short breaks (2-5 weeks) in between 8 to 10 week sessions. Christmas and summer breaks tend to be on the long side.

Post Thanks / Like

Usually July is a dead month and August have already passed away lol
    People are having vacations and why to continue a class with the half missing?
    So mostly from July I have privite lessons, 3-4 hours per day, usually my students that ask for certain things.
    On August I'm gonna be at Crete vacations, but because some of the dancers worldwide are coming for vacations also we will meet and have already sceduled some privite lessons (between diving and ouzo I suppose lol)

Maria Aya

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, in our area, bellydance has become increasingly popular. The studios and teachers that I am personally familiar with seem to have classes going all year round with maybe a week for a break, depending on the individual.

Post Thanks / Like

oeps ,i must be one of the fanatics!! i took 9 days of in june that included travling for my ,,holiday,,,Dancing for me and the girls is going aaaaaaalllll year round,i will hyperventilate if i think about holiday,s to much......come on girls dancing is a holiday!!Love Lydia

Post Thanks / Like

I take brake from teaching from August 1st until September 15th. I need holiday and besides this almost nobody is here at this time because of school and university holiday. But I'm going to teach two workshops in Greece (Thessaloniki and Athens) and I don't know what Maria has planed for our holiday on Crete:eek: Mariaaaaaa!!!!! Who is coming besides us, our husbands and Suha? What schedule have you made, you belly danceaholic ? Grapse mou kanena mail na matho kai ego ti me perimenei stin Kriti.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, Chryssanti and Maria, you SO make me wish that instead of my tickets to Athens I should have booked a holiday in Crete instead

But, another thing we do in the summer instead of regular classes are dance camps. Quite a few studios hold them - long weekends (either 3 or 4 days), somewhere in the countryside. You can usually learn a new choreography there + do lots of other stuff (swimming, sauna, yoga, costume-making workshops) and the highlight is always the perfomance to the local crowd where you can how off what you've just learned and everything else you can do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maariku View Post
    Ah, Chryssanti and Maria, you SO make me wish that instead of my tickets to Athens I should have booked a holiday in Crete instead :
    Dear Maariku. It's not difficult to come to Crete from Athens. You just have to take the ferry boat

Quote Originally Posted by maariku View Post
    But, another thing we do in the summer instead of regular classes are dance camps. Quite a few studios hold them - long weekends (either 3 or 4 days), somewhere in the countryside. You can usually learn a new choreography there + do lots of other stuff (swimming, sauna, yoga, costume-making workshops) and the highlight is always the performance to the local crowd where you can how off what you've just learned and everything else you can do.
    Yes, this is a cool thing and Maria and I are planning something like this for next summer on Crete. That's why we are going to check out some things this year. When we are so far, we'll let you all know. Maybe we all meet next summer on Crete, how would that be ?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, a lot of people go on break, this really comes as a surprise - after three years living in Spain I still havent gotten quite used to almost everything closing down and people leaving the city in droves during summer. Cant blame them temperatures are hovering round 40-42 C here now (105 Fahrenheit or so, not quite sure - either way, insanely hot and muggy).

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, now I'm SO jealous at people who have classes all year round. Wish my classes didn't take a break either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chryssanthi sahar View Post
    Dear Maariku. It's not difficult to come to Crete from Athens. You just have to take the ferry boat

Yes, this is a cool thing and Maria and I are planning something like this for next summer on Crete. That's why we are going to check out some things this year. When we are so far, we'll let you all know. Maybe we all meet next summer on Crete, how would that be ?
    Well, this year I am planning to visit friends in Athens, Larissa and Thes/niki... But the idea of a gathering next year... this would be so cool!!! I'd definitely do my best to make it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast