Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile IAMED performance DVD

“Belly Dance Sensations" is a terrific performance DVD.

When I first watched this performance DVD and saw all the heads from the audience, in plain view and full light, I was like, hmmm, I’m not going to like this. The show was filmed with a live audience in the same studio as the one they film all the instructionals in. If you’ve seen IAMED performance DVDs, you’ll know that the audience, though seen, are in the dark, these are in plain view of the camera. You soon forget about the heads and become very engrossed in the performances, which BTW with camera angle changes you don't always see the heads anyway... I totally loved Meissoun's, from Switzerland, performance !! very B52 ish if you know of them, a 70's band, with the big Beehive hairdo..they sang Rock Lobster... She does all the popular 70's dances, the twist, the swim etc, in a bellydance style, fun, fun and more fun !!Yep it's fantastic.. actually I've yet to see an IAMED performance dvd that I don't like !!

Speaking of IAMED performance DVDs/videos. My absolute favourites are the 3 in the Bellydance series, Rocks, Revolution and Reloaded, which are taken in that same studio that all the IAMED instructional dvds are produced. The most outstanding dancers on these that I like are Mesmera, Paulina, Leyla Jouvana and Roland (who is on all of them) Urban Tribal Dance Company, Willow, Judeen and Louchia there are others but these are what I remember .. Urban Tribal Dance Company held me captive actually, they were very good doing Hip Hop and bits of Breakdance along with the usual Tribal stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Veda Sereem

I got several of Veda’s dvds, I was ecstatically happy with the first ones I purchased. I so loved her ways because her style is the old American Cabaret. There was only one dvd I didn’t like and that was the drum solo one, having said that, this does not mean that I like all the contents on these dvds.

All of Veda’s dvds are home made, No Frills and they have no chapters. Also all dvds are over two hours long and have at least two segments. The segments consist of a show how and practice, then string them together.. and she does a costumed performance at the end of the dvd using the moves she has taught.

I’ll start with the veil dvds.

Veil Advance, I really liked this one, there were lots of old fashioned veil moves that are rarely seen these days. The way Veda teaches on this dvd is in a continuous way, so you’re dancing nearly all the way through.

Choreography Veil, I could have lived without this one BUT was still happy to get it as it gave me some ideas to try out, this is a beginners dvd, perhaps after Beginner Veil dvd.

Multi 3 Veil, this dvd was a godsend !! because at the time that I bought it I was learning the double veil, in fact, that is the reason I bought it, for double veil ideas not to use 3. I found that all the double veil dvds I got concentrated on letting go and spinning around “see me fly 2 veils” I wanted to dance doing double veils and I needed ideas. Veda does some Taxim with 2 veils on this dvd it was the perfect thing for me, I use a lot of her ideas.

Intermediate 1 & 2 very old fashioned American Cabaret style here the perfect dvds for me. As mentioned there are some contents that I don’t like but I do them and practice them anyway. From stuff that is rarely seen today to stuff that is used in common everyday American Cabaret, where would I be without Veda

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Art of the Drum Solo

There are two people from the BDSS group that I like and they are Sonia and Issam.
    Their dvd Art of the Drum Solo is perfect for the beginner, not only for the choreograph but for the way they help you to understand and interpret the music. Issam tells you about the drum sounds and Sonia tells and shows you what goes well with that sound. After the warm-up and the initial move and sound introductions, they move onto the choreography which comes in two segments but they don’t join them together at the end, that is for you to figure out .. I have seen the youtube clip of Sonia and Issam and that is basically the drum dance that she does except on this dvd except the one on youtube is a far more advanced version.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Mesmera's Garden

I adore Mesmera, she is one of my favourite dancers. She’s got this wild woman attitude about her and she is one dancer who dances with abandon, let alone with feeling !! This dvd is chocker full with combinations, variations, beginner and advanced moves and shimmy layering. It is probably the only dvd that one will take forever to outgrow, Mesmera has crammed it full, it’s worth every penny. There are times when the moves are broken down and other times when they’re not. Filmed at a resort in Africa, the settings are gorgeous and she matches the settings with her clothes and jewellery, it’s a pleasure to watch her !!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Slinks,

Don't get RSI pls!!! Love your reviews. Pls rest your fingers.
    Janaki

Post Thanks / Like

lol, there is more to come, I still have Suhaila, more IAMED instruction, a few more choreos, a double veil, 4 Alexandra King, some more performances .. hey, I've got 9 years worth of dvds/videos here :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by janaki View Post
    Fab idea Slinks! Good for people wanting to buy something that works for them!!!

PS: What ever you do, pls don't review Warrior Goddess (BS) video by Dolphina. Peeeeleeeeaaaaassssee!!!

Repuation for you hardwork is on the way!

Hugs
    Janaki
    hA HA jANAKI! I was looking at the video clips on her site and with the zill ones she teaches some rythms like "Im-a-belly-danc-er" and "im-a-god-dess" that took me out of my mind! Now my sweetie is teasing me with that "Im-a-belly-danc-er" so that phrase is banned by me from our conversations- so he sometimes knocks the rythm on the table to tease...LOL

When I saw her showing 'snake arms' I was really shocked lookied like a broken windmill for her sake I hope THAT was not the best piece of her DVD!!!!

Slinks, you are such a dear!!!!!! This is really helpful!

Post Thanks / Like

I am agod-dess, I'm a bel-lydan-cer, worship me, worship me, worship me !!!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha lol

Post Thanks / Like

No Slinks it should go "i-am-a-self-proclaimed-god-dess"... This is a very popular rythm, you know!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reen.Blom View Post
    No Slinks it should go "i-am-a-self-proclaimed-god-dess"... This is a very popular rythm, you know!
    I think it should go like this

Masmudi 8/4

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    D D D T D T T
    I am a self proclaimed Warrior God dess

All the tkt in between should be filled with BS,BS,BS.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast