Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm opening a dance-theatre studio !!!!!

Hi all
    Well now that we are just 15 days from the opening i think i can share my happiness (and freakness lol) with all of you, so have the good energy this forum always give me.

With my very good friend the actor Anna Dimitratou we are opening an oriental dance and theatre studio in Athens Greece !!!

Anna is taking privite lessons from me the last 5 years, recently she played at the Ancient Theatre of Delphi the leading role at the greek tragedy Klitemnistra, and she is a great theatre and expression teacher.
    She have studied ballet for 11 years, modern jazz for 7, and she teach at theatre schools "kinisiology" (not sure but maybe this is kinesthetics).

As we share the same philosophy that dance have elements of theatre in it, we decided to open this studio. I guess it was kind of fate cause actually the "location" found us, but this is another story.

We havent yet ready the site that is gonna be 3linguage, greek-english-arabic.

In general we plan on having the following scedule.

Mornings its already booked from theatre groups for rehearshals and afternoons the dance part.

Kid's Egyptian Folklore.

Teenage Arabian Folklore.

1 class of beginers in oriental dance

1 class of my continuation last year level B

1 class of my continuation last year level C

1 class of male folklore

Each class is consisted of 2 hours dancing in the week plus 1 hour theatrical expression (for kid's and teenagers it gonna be theatrical game and expression) plus once per month 2 hours theory and history of Oriental Dance, plus 2 hours zills.
    This means that each class will be tought 16 hours per month, dance-theatre-theory-zills (its just my crazy idea about a bellydance class lol).

We have already 45 registrations which is good for a non official announced dance studio.

We plan co-operation with Unaneyia for teaching Reda style choreo's (she have finished 5!!!! of Reda and Farida Fahmy Safti weeks !!!)
    Kika Christodoulou will be teaching flamenco she teach 18 years flamenco.
    With Erifily who is a great tribal fusion teacher very dedicated, and ofcourse the workshops that i organize with our own Chryssanthi Sahar and other teachers from abroad.
    Also drum-tabla lessons (musical) will be provided from November, and Arabic language also from November.

We are having a library with 250 books from arabic literature, about music, dance, theatre and ofcourse oriental dance in greek and english that our students can borrow.

The opening party will be probably at 8 September and as the CID congress (Unesco Congress for Dance) is held in Athens its gonna be wild lol as we have more than 100 people to come from dancers/ teachers/ actors/ musicians/ arabian embassies and friends.

You just dont want to see me right now, as I slept in paint lol the word excausted doesnt give the idea of how we are, painting walls, putting wood floor, instaling airconditions etc, but we are just sooooooo HAPPY !!!

I know we are far away from most, but I would like even vitrualy invite you all at the opening, and ofcourse you are all welcomed whenever you come to Athens to join our classes.

A veryyyyyyyyy happy and excausted Maria Aya

p.s. the name of the studio will be "Fanana" which means Artist in Arabic.
    Last edited by Maria_Aya; 08-17-2007 at 08:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin

Oh Maria Aya congratulations! I am so happy for you!

It sounds like you have put together a most worthwhile programe and I wish you every success!

Shakeelah

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Congratulations, Maria, that's wonderful!

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Maria,

This is fantaaaaaaaaaaastico!!!!. Greece is blessed to have someone with your passion and knowledge. I live the variety and lineup of your courses. Most of all I loved the idea of having relevant literature in a library. I amy copy your idea and start building a collection for the day I have my own studio.

I wish you all the very very best!!! Congratulations to both of you. I am sending all the postivie energy from South China.
    "May the force and power of the Dragon be with you". Chinese beleive dragon is the sign of goodluck

Post Thanks / Like

That's FABULOUS news Maria! I think your plan sounds wonderful!

Save a spot for me when I make it out to Greece one day! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Default Studio

Dearest Aya,
    Brava!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mabrook and may it be a huge success!!!
    Love,
    A'isha

Post Thanks / Like

Ta kataferes moro mou to eipes kai to ekanes

I remember when i was in Greece, one day we were out for frape(Greek coffee) with Maria
    and she told me about her idea of opening a Bellydance studio i think it was 2 years ago at that time was a dream and now the dream come true.
    Bravo Maria good luck and Happy name day again (15 August)

Kales douleies moro mou
    filia Alexandros.

Xerome polu gia sena.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations!

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely fabulous! Congratulations, Maria! May it be everything you want it to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Maria, it sounds wonderful and you sound so happy and excited! I'm sure it will be a huge success.
    Post us a few pictures when it's ready so we can see what you've been doing!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast