Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A'isha Azar View Post
    Dear Eshta,
    Usually I find that in the typical party situation, one 15 minute or two 10 minute dances is enough, depending on how long the party is. At a 3 hour long party, there is no real need for the dancer more than once unless it is Middle Eastern themed and/or they want continuous dancing in the background for some reason. I usually find out what is going on, what the party is all about and then advise the client accordingly. If it is someone's birthday, they really in most circumstances do not need more than a 10-15 minute dance. It it's a party for a Middle Eastern student's graduation, or a wedding, then you might dance more than once, but do different dances, such as sharghi and shamadan or beledi w/ cymbals.
    My dance company charges a set rate by the 15 minute increment and by the number of dancers. Our prices are lower than many areas in the country because we live in an economically repressed area. In Seattle, I would ask almost twice what I ask in Spokane.
    Regards,
    A'isha
    OMG>>>>> OMG>>>>< OMG>>>>
    should I be shocked???? that we are on the same page???
    NOT REALLY>>>>
    just got "hired" by an "entertainment agency" (do not worry, they are reputable!!!)... & when they asked my "hourly" rate..... I said EXACTLY the A'isha above quote.... down to the part about ,if it is a middle eastern audience, (wedding/grad.)... or just "background".... etc etc etc...
    seriously... the exact same minutes/how many sets etc!!!..... sent out this almost exact email just an hour ago!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Eshta (and nice to see you here Sweetie!),

You can always call me next time...LaLa Land's premier cut rate sleazoid male belly dancer! I would have gone for $50, done my AC/DC number, given the poor old ladies a final CVA with my otherworldly glute squeeze shimmies, and been out of there in 5 minutes! End of story!

Ba-a-a-ack (repeat 5 more times)
    I'm back in black!
    I'm BACK-In-Blaaaaaack! (insert shimmies here, followed by Code Blue, DNR, flatline, bag 'em)
    (Bon Scott remix version)
    Last edited by Recnadocir; 08-22-2007 at 09:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Some of these old ladies may be a lot tougher than you think...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dance

Quote Originally Posted by belly_dancer View Post
    OMG>>>>> OMG>>>>< OMG>>>>
    should I be shocked???? that we are on the same page???
    NOT REALLY>>>>
    just got "hired" by an "entertainment agency" (do not worry, they are reputable!!!)... & when they asked my "hourly" rate..... I said EXACTLY the A'isha above quote.... down to the part about ,if it is a middle eastern audience, (wedding/grad.)... or just "background".... etc etc etc...
    seriously... the exact same minutes/how many sets etc!!!..... sent out this almost exact email just an hour ago!!!!
    Dear Belly_dancer,
    Ahhh.... two great minds, etc.
    Regards,
    A'isha

Post Thanks / Like

Default You will know

...Eventually You will be able to smell these people as they are coming. I am sorry this one was wearing nice purfume. My advice is to just don't do gigs with out a contract. It took me a long time to make the transition to higher pay and money down but I was 25 and figured if I did not respect myself, give myself a raise, who would??? I have not had a problem ever since.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aniseteph View Post
    Some of these old ladies may be a lot tougher than you think...
    Well, just long as they don't damage my precious glutes. I guess I should get them insured by Lloyd's...

Post Thanks / Like

You might be better off protecting them with regular doses of glute-cosamine.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, thank you, Grak. I am overwhelmed by your appreciation of what is truly the highest form of humor.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Awww....I think there is great advice on this thread for you and for all who read it. I am sorry that she backed out. Don't be upset and depressed about someone who treated you badly I hope you are enjoying your dancing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234