Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

The rest of this board just doesn't know what an un-bellydancing state MS is, and here two of us just signed up, we're the same age, and we don't live too far from each other! This has got to be fate!!!

I talked to my instructor today, and since she knows one of the BDSS she's going to see if she can get us some free tickets. You and I need to discuss that. I'm emailing you right now!

Darbla

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum!!!

~\/~

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darbla View Post
    Oh my gosh!!! I was just coming into this forum to intro myself, and immediately found someone else from MS! We have got to get together! I live between Collins and Laurel, and work in Hattiesburg. I've got tons of workout and technique DVDs we can work on if we visit.

I'm 40 yrs old, very physically active (see my profile; racquetball is my favorite thing in the whole world to do), no kids but I have fids (feathered kids), no dance experience because I always thought it was too feminine for tomboyish me (screw that; I'm tired of being 'one of the guys'!), I'm loving bellydancing and in negotiations to start teaching it thru our Employee Health program at work. One of my instructors is a girl from Birmingham, and her instructor is Petite Jamilla. My other instructor (for a very few weeks; I miss her!) is a Lebanese lady from Hattiesburg. Both those girls know their stuff, and I've been deeply thankful to have them.

I'd love to go to the Bellydance Superstars performance in Baton Rouge in October, but since I couldn't find anyone to go with me I'm seeing REO Speedwagon on the coast instead that weekend.

Now that I've typed all that out, can this pass for my intro?

Darbla
    Welcome to both of you! I wish you happy posting and I hope you learn much about dance and make LOTS of new friends. I knew someone who temporarily lived in Hattiesburg. He got into a lot of trouble and I have since not been his friend. Perhaps you heard about him in the news. In July 2006, he was arrested for soliciting a child on the internet...You know the Dateline show to Catch a Predator? Well...He was on it! It was terrifying to realize I knew him. It just goes to show you never know who your friends really are. I hope he gets jail time for a LONG LONG time.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am learning a lot here. There are too many great posts and a lot of great advice and tips. It must have been really scary to realize that you knew a child predator. I can only imagine what you must have felt. Thankfully, he was arrested and is most likely in jail some where.

Anyway, glad to be here. I feel at home here and I look forward to my "addiction" of belly dance every day which also includes this forum.

Blessings,
    Bellaluna

Post Thanks / Like

Idea More Mississippians

Hello. This message is for BellaLuna, Darbla, and any others who may be from Mississippi. I just joined as well, and I am from southern MS - the coast. I have been doing bellydancing for about 2 years now. We are about to lose our teacher in Ocean Springs, MS. We are trying to find another teacher or people we can take classes, train with, or learn from. I saw two names on here - BellaLuna and Darbla - with recent posts. I was just looking to meet others from MS, and see if I cna get any help with our troupe and classes. We are a beginner/intermediate troupe. We've been doing Egyptian/Cabaret style. I am so very afraid that when our teacher leaves us this coming January, our troupe will fall apart. There are tribal classes inour area, and I've been dabling in that, but I do not want to give up what I've learned with Egyptian and Cabaret styles. Can anyone offer any help? I appreciate any input or thoughts on how to hanlde our situation so we won't have to quit! THANKS!
    --Christy W.

Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin Greetings

Hi, glad to have you aboard. You will like it here. I don't post a lot but I do love to read all the post from everyone. I have found wonderful tips, advice and friends here in this forum.

I live in central Mississippi and I practise by video alone at this time. There are no teachers around here that I am aware of. Maybe one day I will get to take a class with a real teacher and other students.

If I can be of assistance in any way, let me know. In the meantime, enjoy your stay here.

Be blessed,
    Bellaluna

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Bellaluna and Darbla !!!
    Enjoy this wonderfull forum !!

Maria Aya, Greece

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dec 15 Invitation

HI Mississippi Dance Sisters! I wanted to post an event that is coming up that I think you ladies just might be interested in join in on, there are several MS dancers already signed up. It is a great way to meet new dance friends and find teachers in your area and generally just have a great dance experience.

Sirqus of Jreams presents
    HOLIDAY HAFLA & Bellydance Superstar PETITE JAMILLA WORKSHOP!
    Dec 15
    Childrens Dance Foundation Homewood, Alabama
    Petite Jamilla Workshop
    2pm-4pm Choreography Class
    $55 / $65 at door
    can pay with visa or master card
    contact
    Jamillarasa@yahoo.com to register
    NO cameras/videos in workshop

(dinner break and get ready for the hafla)

Dec 15
    SOJ Holiday Hafla
    Childrens Dance Foundation Homewood, Alabama
    6pm-9pm
    Workshop participates attend FREE
    Workshop participates are welcome & encouraged to perform in hafla!
    non-workshop participates/audience $10
    contact
    Jamillarasa@yahoo.com
    (The Hafla is video/camera friendly)

Vendors will be on site for all your holiday shopping needs!

share the word with your friends and students and we hope to see you all there!

*PLEASE NOTE, the hafla is set up for workshop participates to get first dibs on performances, there are limited slots available and they go quickly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12