Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yoga

Post Thanks / Like

I also like Wai Lana yoga. But recently I have been doing Namaste yoga. Its sort of a hatha-vinyasa style, so it has repetitive sequences. Although it does focus on meditation and the more spiritual side of yoga--which in my opinion most yoga programs don't, you could still get a good workout from the smooth, repetitive, some times fast and some times slow, sequences.

Post Thanks / Like

Default asana

which pose/asana do you love the most?mine has to be the swan,makes me feel so stretched and energised.

smiles

miss shimmy
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all, I have my first yoga lesson next wednesday I'm very curious if I'll like it. Could you recomment me what kind of clothes to wear? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

You'll love it, Moon. Wear something comfortable - stretchy pants that you can bend in, a t-shirt, bare feet.... like you would for dancing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gwinity View Post
    You'll love it, Moon. Wear something comfortable - stretchy pants that you can bend in, a t-shirt, bare feet.... like you would for dancing!
    I second that completely. Be sure that your clothing doesn’t interfere with your range of motion, as in yoga you move a lot in all directions

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot for the advice girls!
    Quote Originally Posted by gwinity
    like you would for dancing!
    I always wear a skirt for dancing I think a stretchy pants is a better idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Default hi moon

I always wear harem pants for dancing,but yeh for yoga something very loose,light and comfortable.

Can't wait to hear if you enjoyed it

hugs and smiles

miss shimmy
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone,

I am back again after a longer time, so I have noticed that some things changed here. Logging in again etc...

Talking about Yoga, I think I have interesting suggestion. My mother practice it for 20 years and me also with her. When I moved to live alone, she left me one interesting book, that I can use as a Yoga guide (or Guru )
    This is the book:

Author: Paramhansa Swami Maheshvarananda
    Title: "Yoga in everyday life"

Great book with Asana illustrations and detailed explanations about everything in yoga. The system of Asanas is related to Pantajali`s Yoga.
    Also yoga is great for dancing (any kind) because it increases elasticity of muscles and strength, also gives full attention to backbone. Especially I must say that Pranajama, the breathing exercises make you use your full lung capacity and breathe normally so you do not get into situations of "losing breath" during the dance. Many other good things about yoga that makes you better dancer...balance, coordination, concentration, freshness, energy, elasticity, health in one word! I am for Yoga in everyday practice.

For exercise, you need just loosen wear, one asura, and some peaceful space. Nothing demanding!

Love.
    Emina

Post Thanks / Like

Default :)

wow thats so inspiring emina,thankyou so much

thats amazing that your mum does Yoga,and now you do it too,my little boy has been doing yoga with me.

hugs and smiles

miss shimmy
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Website with animated pictures of yoga poses http://www.hathayogalesson.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast