Thread: Hello from PA!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello from PA!

Hi! I am Kaedana, and I am very new to the wonderful world of bellydance. I think a part of me always wanted to be a bellydancer, and at the age of 35 I have decided to learn to dance. I am excited about all there is before me, and just cannot wait to have my first dance routine practiced and ready to perform (even if it is just for my husband). I'd appreciate any advice that anyone has for someone just starting out!

Thanks!

Kaedana

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! You will love it here! The people here are fantastic!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    LOL! You sound just like me. I started when I was 35 too (last year). Never danced on stage before and this Saturday will be my first time in front of a live paying audience. Wow! LOL!

Anyway, are you going to a studio? I remember my first dance routine that I learned it was called Dance Zarifi (sp?). Learning routines is alot of fun. Sometimes it's a bit frustrating though when theirs a move in it that you should know, but for some reason your body just refuses to do it. LOL! I also like to get dvd's on ebay and use them to practice certain moves at home. It' hard for me to remember sometimes all the choreography and practice anything I am lacking in skills too. So, playing the DVD's help me learn the exact moves, so my instrctor doesn't have to work on that as much with me and my class can concentrate on learning the choreographies. Course' we all struggle with something every now and then. If we didn't we wouldn't still be learning.

Practice, practice, practice. I am kind of shy and haven't danced for my hubby yet. I know after being married for 15 years you'd think I'd be over that by now. lol! Anyway, I don't even let him see me practice. But, he'll see me on stage this weekend. And, who knows maybe then I'll be brave enough to do something for him. LOL!

Keep dancing!

Mmketeer ....Stage name: Larissa

Post Thanks / Like

:-) welcome and happy dancing

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome and happy Posting!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum! I, too, am new (although, a little older than you ) - we can learn this awesome art together!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey welcome !!!
    Its never late to learn, love and enjoy the beauty of oriental dance, and this is the right place for education also.

Maria Aya, Greece