Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sugar waxing

Post Thanks / Like

I did it a lot...also waxing...but it always becomes such a mess! a really like my epilady

Post Thanks / Like

Im slightly confused as I've never done any of this before

But, so when one buys waxing strips, then they will also have to buy/make a 'gooey substance' to wipe over their skin then strip off, right? And the recipies provided above are to be used with waxing strips.
    i.e. Boots.com - Shop -- Waxing

Theeen, when you buy the big (expensive!) pots of already made mixtures (e.g. Boots.com - Shop -- Waxing ) then it is applied to the skin then peels off 'naturally' right?

Not sure if Im getting the hang of this so you will need to correct me!
    But the gooey mixtures you buy in the shop, like as in the second link, are they really that chemical-riddled; and are there really any known side affects? Even if it like wrinkling when you are older, etc.

Also, what about the hair removal cream, how does that work?

Lots of questions! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Cold sugar waxes have never worked for me when I've done it myself, so what I would recommend is to find a good place to have it done; it isn't too expensive, at least in my area, and the results can't be compared. I was rather dubious about it when I first went to my salon, but my wax lady suggested cold waxing was best for me, as I have bad leg circulation, and hot waxing isn't the best thing if you have that problem. For home use, I've had the best results with microwaveable hot wax for small areas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12