Sugar waxing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mair

Has anyone here tried sugar waxing? I've grown fed up with shaving (doesn't last, too many nicks, etc.), I don't like the idea (or the smell) of the chemical-laden depilatory creams, and I don't have the money for conventional wax. I like the idea of a wax that can be made from a few simple ingredients, in your own kitchen, but I'm not entirely sure how to use it. Do you heat it, or just work it until it's pliable? Do you use muslin strips? How effective is it?

xoxo
Mair

Babylonia

They sell a product called Nad's and it's a cold sugar wax that's all natural. I tried it before but I'll stick with shaving because waxing hurts and gives me ingrown hairs.

miss_shimmy

:)

I never realy got into waxing,I have used the hair remoival cream,but,I am not liking the chemical aspect about that.

:)

amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

zahra

Hi Mair,

Good luck with the sugar waxing. Be aware that it is difficult
to get the right consistancy. You might want to see if there
is a hairdresser or esthetician in your area that specializes.

I have had it done and I liked it alot better than other waxing methods.

Best wishes!

Last edited:

Erina

Im slightly confused as I've never done any of this before :confused:

But, so when one buys waxing strips, then they will also have to buy/make a 'gooey substance' to wipe over their skin then strip off, right? And the recipies provided above are to be used with waxing strips.
i.e. Boots.com - Shop -- Waxing

Theeen, when you buy the big (expensive!) pots of already made mixtures (e.g. Boots.com - Shop -- Waxing ) then it is applied to the skin then peels off 'naturally' right?

Not sure if Im getting the hang of this so you will need to correct me!
But the gooey mixtures you buy in the shop, like as in the second link, are they really that chemical-riddled; and are there really any known side affects? Even if it like wrinkling when you are older, etc.

Also, what about the hair removal cream, how does that work?

Lots of questions! lol

Zurah

Cold sugar waxes have never worked for me when I've done it myself, so what I would recommend is to find a good place to have it done; it isn't too expensive, at least in my area, and the results can't be compared. I was rather dubious about it when I first went to my salon, but my wax lady suggested cold waxing was best for me, as I have bad leg circulation, and hot waxing isn't the best thing if you have that problem. For home use, I've had the best results with microwaveable hot wax for small areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.