Win dance book from Salome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salome

Administrator
It's been an age since Anatoliy and I sponsored a game with a prize, it's about time! The prize is a brand new copy of the book "Sacred Woman, Sacred Dance" by Iris J. Stewart.

Really a wonderful book, I have a copy in my library. There are sections on Oriental dance, Roma dance, Ghawazi, Ouled Nail, dances of the Berber... Laurel Victoria Gray, Elizabeth Artemis Mourat, Fat Chance Belly dance, Delilah, Edwina Nearing, Mohmoud Reda and many more artists in our field appear in the book... Shareen el Safy wrote a review of the book for Habibi Magazine Sacred Woman Sacred Dance index.html

The winning essay receives the book. A lottery will be drawn on the top 5 essays with the winner being published on OrientalDancer.net.

The deadline to submit the essay is September 23rd, 2007 by midnight pacific standard time. The essay should be emailed to salome@orientaldancer.net. The essay can be in the body of the email or as an attachment. The essay can be educational OR entertainment based.

Judging Criteria

Clearly evident – 10 points awarded
Somewhat evident – 5 points awarded
Not evident – 0 points awarded

Topic - subject matter matches required topic. This is the first time
we have had an essay contest. So we decided to leave the topic wide
open to anything related to dances from, and inspired by, the Near and Middle East.

Organization and Effectiveness – writing flows logically with clear
structure and the whole entry is effective in its purpose for its
audience.

Content – subject is discussed clearly and in an interesting manner.

Scientific Argument – conclusions are adequately supported without
unsubstantiated opinion.

References – attributes sources with proper citation (if applicable).

Any questions about the contest can be posted here. Good luck!

Last edited:

Salome

Administrator
You know what? Absolutely no one played :( So the book is still up for grabs... and the contest is still open.

KuteNurse

Just for some friendly competition, I have a topic picked out and I am starting to do my research as we speak! lol:dance:

KuteNurse

Just a question...Can I enter more than one essay? Cuz I have two good topics, one is most likely, but I would really like to write about both topics. Let me knoww......

Salome

Administrator
I know it is very unsportsmanlike to change the rules mid game but due
to extenuating circumstances... (leaving the country for an extended period and won't be around to mail it after the 17th) I need to move up the due date to the 12th of this month. If you submit a paper please include your mailing address so I can get it to you asap.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
You know what? Absolutely no one played :( So the book is still up for grabs... and the contest is still open.

Absolutely wonderful book, I bought one when it first came out and then a friend gave me one for Xmas so now I have 2:) Any books that come out on BD I buy. Can't get enough of BD:dance:

KuteNurse

I know it is very unsportsmanlike to change the rules mid game but due
to extenuating circumstances... (leaving the country for an extended period and won't be around to mail it after the 17th) I need to move up the due date to the 12th of this month. If you submit a paper please include your mailing address so I can get it to you asap.

I better get cracking then this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.