Hiding yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaya

I agree with tou all. But still I have an enormous problem with showing my belly, I know it is stange after all it mainly about showing belly but I just can't get over it, I overweight and maybe that is the problem, but is should not be anywey.

Mouse

I agree with tou all. But still I have an enormous problem with showing my belly, I know it is stange after all it mainly about showing belly but I just can't get over it, I overweight and maybe that is the problem, but is should not be anywey.

I'm confronting the same issue atm. So far my performances have been in dresses, but the next one is to be in the typical bra and belt set and its a little unnerving. I think thats more a problem relating to having confidence in yourself though rather than audience acceptance as I've never seen any bad/off reactions to a dancers costume choice to date regardless of her size or shape.

jackie

hi

well i am a fitness instructor a black nigerian female. frankly most people in our part of world just love white skin belly dancers. salome for example is mine and also my friends favourite.

paola

blond dancer, dark dancer?

Hi,

What looks coming from far can be looking interesting. In Turkey I saw lots of dancers with blond (dyed) hair. All the blond Russian belly dancers,in Turkey keep their hair blond. They like blond girls over there.

It depends by the illusion you want to give your audience. Personally I agree, a dancer must be in the first place a good dancer.
If she knows how to fascinate the audience and keep their attention focussed, and earn their respect, nobody will pay attention to the colour of her hair.

bye
paola

Ya_Assal

By The way, I think I also forgt to mention in my earlier post, that they major trend in egypt now is to have the Russian Bellydancer perform at hotels.

When I was there a few summers ago, I hit Sharm el Sheikh and let me tell you how awsome it was to see the various dancers. All light skinned, but such a variety of hair and eye color.... AND EVERYONE WAS LOVING IT.

Opposites attracts and that goes especially well for cultural dances. When I was doing Afro-Carribean dance, let me tell you pleased people were to see an 'caramel' girlf kicking it and loving their cultural dance. There are always the few who look down at you, but I have learned that these people are generally of the 'miserable-in-life' variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.