Must have music!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mokhtar Al Said

I would recommend "Tabla Solo #2" by Mokhtar Al Said...

And also "Habibi" by Hakim and (of course) "Shik Shak Shok" (by Hakim)

Yshka

BellydanceFTW said:
What?! Now, I may be new, but no Najwa? I've just began listening to her and her voice is amazing!

You mean Lebanese Najwa Karam?? I mentioned her earlier, I love her!!!:lol:

Yshka said:
Right now I'm starting to study Lebanese dance and music a bit more. For popmusic I'd say Najwa Karam (Shu Mghaira being my fave album) is great.

So I have her "Shu Mghaira..!" Album at home, I love her voice and the sound of her music (mizmar, lots of really loud drums) a lot.

My favourite lately is Bade Terga3 (spelling?)

Or did you mean another Najwa:D ?

nisha

Shik Shak Shok

I didnt know that this was by Hakim????

Theres women singing in it???!

love the song though!

What other stuff do you all recommend?

I just got loads of music from my old teacher, but I want MORE! :pray:

SO PLEASE: some new artists please!

I have to make up a choreography for 20 girls for March and Im lost as to what song to do it to.

sparklyraven

I love Saber el Robai. His stuff is awesome. I love Nawal El Zoghbi too. I also like Cheikha Remitti. Her stuff is better suited for classes/drills and practice because it is 7 minutes of repetetive rythms but I love it nonetheless. And anyone who made albums in her 70's is a goddess in my book:cool: I like Nancy Ajram, Hakim, Solace, Najwa Karam, hossam Ramzy, Emad Sayeh, My friend gave me a Said Mrad cd that is way fun to listen too. I'm a bit of a music junkie, our troupe director put a lot of her classic 70's records onto cd for us all and I've been having fun discovering them too. I love the covers too. the dude with the oud surrounded by babes cracks me up.

Madeline

I love Saber el Robai. His stuff is awesome. I love Nawal El Zoghbi too. I also like Cheikha Remitti. Her stuff is better suited for classes/drills and practice because it is 7 minutes of repetetive rythms but I love it nonetheless. And anyone who made albums in her 70's is a goddess in my book:cool: I like Nancy Ajram, Hakim, Solace, Najwa Karam, hossam Ramzy, Emad Sayeh, My friend gave me a Said Mrad cd that is way fun to listen too. I'm a bit of a music junkie, our troupe director put a lot of her classic 70's records onto cd for us all and I've been having fun discovering them too. I love the covers too. the dude with the oud surrounded by babes cracks me up.

You might like Radio Bastet - Vintage Belly Dance Music

Nesrin

My favourite music right now is pop with Nancy Ajram and Nawal al Zoughbie (sorry if the spelling is completely wrong) etc.

They are great! Songs like Ah wa Noss and Mandam Aliek and Bilbaklak are really nice to dance at!

I first learnt to belly dance with the Song 'Ya el Yelil' from Mezdeke, it's Egyptian Belly dance music. For me this is a must have! ;)

Kharmine

The old "Strictly Belly Dancing" series from the 1970s by Eddie "The Sheik Kochak" and Hakkai Obadia have been resissued in CD and always seem fresh to me.

Then there's the "Desert Roses" CD series, which introduced me to modern Arabic music.

And the "Rough Guide to Belly Dancing" is excellent, a good blend of old and new.

Zurah

My latest finds...

...the albums Orient Belly Dance, and Café Beirut – I love, love, LOVE these! They’re both compilations of various artists. The first has several wonderful songs by Ahmad Fouad Hassan, and the second features songs by various Lebanese artists from the 60’s and 70’s, I believe. Both are very retro sounding, which I love.

Madeline

You’re welcome, Aniseteph!

Zurah, you beat me to it! I absolutely adore music like the songs on Café Beirut! Lebanese oldies are my favorite… :dance:

Leila_Greece

Orchestral egyptian music

You can also try the all-time following orchestral music:

Jalilah's collection, all 6 volumes.
"Oriental Fantasy" collection by Beata and Horacio Cifuentes, all 12 volumes.

They are a must for a high class, egyptian-style bellydancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.