Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yshka View Post
    ..................I guess it pretty much comes in handy since the song is not on Bassnectar albums...
    Yes, I usually am feel quite strongly about supporting artists by purchasing their wares, but if they've decided not to put it up for sale, I'm not exactly depriving them of any income! If I find that I like other songs by them, I will buy the album anyway!

AT

Post Thanks / Like

Default Other Bassnectar Songs

Speaking of liking their other songs, I found out last night that if you go to www.Bassnectar.net and go to their old site (it gives you the option to enter either the old or new site from the main page) and then click the 'Audio' tab at the top, they have a few of their other songs and some samples of their newer music there for you to download. They also link to their MySpace page which has 4 new songs there to download. Thought that might come in handy when trying to determine if you like more of their music than just the Snake Charmer song. Happy listening....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andaleeb View Post
    Speaking of liking their other songs, I found out last night that if you go to www.Bassnectar.net......they have a few of their other songs and some samples of their newer music there for you to download. They also link to their MySpace page which has 4 new songs there to download. ........
    THANKS! I can't argue with songs offered on their official site, now can I?
    I appreciate the link!

AT

Post Thanks / Like

I love this clip! It's so fun, and while it's not my favourite style of music, it gets stuck in the head so easily, and you just have to dance!

[edit] Forgot to add: I Googled it, and found this link, which has both the song and the video downloadable. .....

Tribe.net - "Bassnectar and Kraddy SNAKECHARMER I know you want it!!!"
    Last edited by Inanna; 08-05-2006 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Off topic bit split off into its own thread

Post Thanks / Like

Oh awesome--someone told me she was going to send me a link to this thread, but she seems to have forgotten--now we can work on covering that bad boy! :p

Post Thanks / Like

just fyi for those who care.....
    "snakecharmer" is a good song and bassnectar did a nice remix of it.

in addition to bellydance, i also do afro-reggae, soca, brazilian dance (sometime fusing them with bellydance) and i used the ORIGINAL of that song years ago in my classes and performances.

it was originally done about 3 years by a rap/reggae artist named Kardinal Offishal and it is called "Bellydancer." He is out of Toronto and there was a video a while back (i've since lost it) where he was performing at Carabana and had his dancers on stage with that song. These girls did some pretty amazing things. They were not bellydancers by technical standards, nor were they trying to be, but they were incredibly talented. i don't think they had spines!! very snake-like and agile. pure afro-reggae gold! Oh, another unknown fact about that song...the ever-so-talented Pharell Williams of the Neptunes produced and remixed the original track.

hope that helps you!

happy shimmies!
    bless

Post Thanks / Like

Just got hold of the original version by Kardinal Offishal and Pharrell... It's good

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12