A-belly-dan-sah-a-snake-cham-ah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andaleeb

Hi all! I happened across this neat video on YouTube last night that I wanted to share. The music is repetitive, but has a good beat. It's by some band that I've never heard of call Bassnectar. I think the song is either called Bellydancer or Snake Charmer (or maybe both), it says it at the end of the video. Anyway, I've been singing it in my head all day long. What do you think?

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7VIZuoloh4

(by the way, once you watch it the title of my post will make more sense) ;)

tim ema

I LOVE this song! I've been searching for this song everywhere, and found out recently that the song DIDN'T make it onto their album.

:(
AT

Andaleeb

Bellydance song on new Bassnectar cd

I LOVE this song! I've been searching for this song everywhere, and found out recently that the song DIDN'T make it onto their album.

:(
AT

Oh no!! I'm so glad you said something, I was getting ready to buy their cd just for that song! I hadn't seen a song list anywhere, so I just assumed (based on the video and the text at the end) that the song was on there. I'll hold off on purchasing then. THANKS!! :D

Andaleeb

where to find it

Hmmmmmm..... Can you give us any hints on where you found it? I checked on the file-sharing software that I use (shhhhhhhh ;) ), but only found a handful of Bassnectar songs and none of them were that one.

Yshka

Nice!! Catchy song! I've just downloaded it from Limewire (called Bassnectar & Kraddy - Snakecharmer) and it's a huge file, but indeed not impossible to find:cool:
I love it!

tim ema

I didn't know the etiquette on this board regarding the talking of downloading, so I didn't mention it as a possibility....it is perfectly legal here in Canada, but I know in other countries it's a no-no.

:)
AT

Last edited:

Yshka

I know Tim'ema, I was hesitating to post as well about downloading, but I figured people would find out sooner or later it's downloadable, and I guess it pretty much comes in handy since the song is not on Bassnectar albums...

tim ema

..................I guess it pretty much comes in handy since the song is not on Bassnectar albums...

Yes, I usually am feel quite strongly about supporting artists by purchasing their wares, but if they've decided not to put it up for sale, I'm not exactly depriving them of any income! If I find that I like other songs by them, I will buy the album anyway!

AT

Andaleeb

Other Bassnectar Songs

Speaking of liking their other songs, I found out last night that if you go to www.Bassnectar.net and go to their old site (it gives you the option to enter either the old or new site from the main page) and then click the 'Audio' tab at the top, they have a few of their other songs and some samples of their newer music there for you to download. They also link to their MySpace page which has 4 new songs there to download. Thought that might come in handy when trying to determine if you like more of their music than just the Snake Charmer song. Happy listening....:)

tim ema

Speaking of liking their other songs, I found out last night that if you go to www.Bassnectar.net......they have a few of their other songs and some samples of their newer music there for you to download. They also link to their MySpace page which has 4 new songs there to download. ........

THANKS! I can't argue with songs offered on their official site, now can I?
I appreciate the link!

AT

myryka

just fyi for those who care.....:cool:
"snakecharmer" is a good song and bassnectar did a nice remix of it.

in addition to bellydance, i also do afro-reggae, soca, brazilian dance (sometime fusing them with bellydance) and i used the ORIGINAL of that song years ago in my classes and performances.

it was originally done about 3 years by a rap/reggae artist named Kardinal Offishal and it is called "Bellydancer." He is out of Toronto and there was a video a while back (i've since lost it) where he was performing at Carabana and had his dancers on stage with that song. These girls did some pretty amazing things. They were not bellydancers by technical standards, nor were they trying to be, but they were incredibly talented. i don't think they had spines!! very snake-like and agile. pure afro-reggae gold! Oh, another unknown fact about that song...the ever-so-talented Pharell Williams of the Neptunes produced and remixed the original track.

hope that helps you!

happy shimmies!:)
bless

Status
Not open for further replies.