Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for all the well wishes. I can not wait to start. It will be nice to get a bit out of the house to.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Venefica,

You seem to have found courses already and that's great news.
    I was going to recommend Majken Wærdahl, but then I realized she is based in Trondheim. http://www.majken.no I've seen her at the Stockholm bellydance festival and she is amazing. Apparantly she sometimes holds workshops in Bergen, and I'd love to attend one of them.

She's a member of Divas of Bellydance and they will perform in Bergen on October 28. Here is a video clip of the Divas--judging from the clip they are excellent!
    http://www.divasofbellydance.com/film.html

I'm moving back to Oslo after a number of years abroad and plan to see their show in Oslo on October 27. It's part of my "get to know the dance scene in Oslo" project, and I'm hoping that I'll find a new teacher/dance school this fall. I'm so happy with my current dance school--the atmosphere amongst the students, the level of expertise of the teachers, and all the fun events they put on--so I'm sad to leave Stockholm for that reason. I've done extensive web-reasearch but you really have to try taking classes to see what it's like. If you know of anything about the dance scene in Oslo I'd love to hear more about it.

Good luck with your classes!
    Best,
    Freya

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Hi Venefica,

You seem to have found courses already and that's great news.
    I was going to recommend Majken Wærdahl, but then I realized she is based in Trondheim. Majken Wærdahl - orientalsk dans I've seen her at the Stockholm bellydance festival and she is amazing. Apparantly she sometimes holds workshops in Bergen, and I'd love to attend one of them.

She's a member of Divas of Bellydance and they will perform in Bergen on October 28. Here is a video clip of the Divas--judging from the clip they are excellent!
    Divas of Bellydance - Film

I'm moving back to Oslo after a number of years abroad and plan to see their show in Oslo on October 27. It's part of my "get to know the dance scene in Oslo" project, and I'm hoping that I'll find a new teacher/dance school this fall. I'm so happy with my current dance school--the atmosphere amongst the students, the level of expertise of the teachers, and all the fun events they put on--so I'm sad to leave Stockholm for that reason. I've done extensive web-reasearch but you really have to try taking classes to see what it's like. If you know of anything about the dance scene in Oslo I'd love to hear more about it.

Good luck with your classes!
    Best,
    Freya
    Hello, Freya!

I went to Helene Skaugen's festival in February this year and saw all the Norwegian Divas perform individually, they are excellent. I took a shaabi workshop with Michelle Galdo and I would highly recommend both her teaching and performing. michelle.no Next year's festival features Samasem and Momo Kadous as the guest teachers: Oriental Dance Festival Show Info

Maybe see you there!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suheir View Post
    Hello, Freya!

I went to Helene Skaugen's festival in February this year and saw all the Norwegian Divas perform individually, they are excellent. I took a shaabi workshop with Michelle Galdo and I would highly recommend both her teaching and performing. michelle.no Next year's festival features Samasem and Momo Kadous as the guest teachers: Oriental Dance Festival Show Info

Maybe see you there!
    Thanks Suheir!

I didn't know about Michelle Galdo but I got a good impression of her from her website. A recommendation from you is even better so I'll try to see if I can take a class/workshop with her in Oslo. She's actually based at the dance studio I had already decided to check out once I'm in Oslo. It's called "Navlen" ("The Belly Button") http://www.magedans.no/

I'll definitely try to make to the the festival so perhaps we'll see each other!

Freya

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Freya!

I live in Oslo myself, and I cannot recommend Michelle Galdo highly enough! She is FANTASTIC, both as a performer and an instructor, has some of the best hipwork you`ll ever see and a KILLER freeze shimmy Also teaching at Navlen is Hilde Lund (the owner of Navlen and long-time student of Raqia Hassan) and Lee Figenschow (one of David of Scandinavia`s first teachers, I`ve heard him rave about her), they are equally fantastic in my opinion. I study with all three of them so I am biased of course but I am pretty selective when it comes to instruction, and these three are seriously skilled. In spite of their cooperation they all have their completely own style, so it might be worth to take some drop-ins to see what you prefer. Welcome back to Norway, by the way!

Post Thanks / Like

I live near Bergen but my mother lives near Oslo and I am often over there to visit here so an instructor in Oslo might work, but for now I will try a beginner's course in Bergen. I am looking forward to this. Only 20 days left to start of class.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so excited for you V...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12