Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help! Workshop fees?

Hi,

I'm being asked to do workshops for a place that is rather ritzy. What do I charge for this? I have only ever taught regular classes. Any advice?

-Brea

Post Thanks / Like

our workshop fees are twice as much as regular classes...but that's because we organise them ourselves, as in find and rent the location and consider travelling costs and such.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

This is just me, alone, being hired to do a workshop for some people...I was told by the woman that she wasn't sure they were interested in continuous classes but she wanted to do workshops on Saturdays. I will be living in the city where these workshops will be held.

-Brea

Post Thanks / Like

in the same part of the city? how much gas/taxi fare is it going to cost you to and from?
    workshop classes are more concise than regular classes, that's more work and knowledge in a single session, they need to pay more for that.
    consider also if you plan to offer any thing that might require expense; an introductory flyer of some sort, veils if you plan to use them...
    things like this can be useful in determining a fee.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brea View Post
    Hi,

I'm being asked to do workshops for a place that is rather ritzy. What do I charge for this? I have only ever taught regular classes. Any advice?

-Brea

Find out what your expenses will be to put on the workshop. Take into account what material you will be teaching and how long you will be teaching.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, will do. I don't know the cost exactly as I don't know where it is yet (this is a new city I'm moving to next week!). I will be figuring that out soon though. Thanks for the help!

-Brea

Post Thanks / Like

Its my second year to hold once per month a weekend workshop at a place 1.000 km away from my base.
    We agreed to be payed by the "head" lol
    Its risky but I know how I teach and that they will love it.
    Usually had the last year from 40 to 75 people.
    Was taking 10 euro per person.

There is also the alternative of ask for a certain price regardless students.
    Usually the hour teaching a workshop is from 100 euro to 300 regarding on how good/famous the teacher is.

Hope this helped.

Maria Aya, Greece

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi all,

I have a friend (also a bellydancer) who tells me I should charge 15 a head or if the place itself is paying me a flat fee, $30 an hour. Any opinions on this? Does it seem fair?

I previously charged 5-10 a head just for regular classes, again that was in a very poor city that had never seen bellydancing before (in real life, that is).

-Brea

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know enough about this matter to know whether it's fair or not. Around here, workshops are usually no more than 10-15 euro per person per hour, unless they're given by someone famous.
    I would personally find $30 per hour too expensive.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Moon,

She meant it would be $30/hr if the studio was paying for it and the attendees were not. I think she meant $15/per person for the whole workshop the other way, not per hour.

-Brea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast