Shimmies?

Ankhet

Shoulder shimmies

I have been trying shoulder shimmies for months now and I cannot get them to go. I have no trouble with the hip shimmies. Help!

Moon

Try doing them very slowly at first while sitting down. This way you can't move your hips. It might be easier to place your hands on your knees first (while sitting down) and release them when you can do the shoulder shimmy slowly. If it works then try to speed it up, if that works, try standing.
Good luck :)

Ankhet

Try doing them very slowly at first while sitting down. This way you can't move your hips. It might be easier to place your hands on your knees first (while sitting down) and release them when you can do the shoulder shimmy slowly. If it works then try to speed it up, if that works, try standing.
Good luck :)

Thank you Moon!

charity

i tend to make the shoulder push too exaggerated which detracts from speed for a good shoulder shimmy. if i relax and make it softer it usually works out better. this is one of the moves i have to practice consistently so i dont tense up. same thing with head slides. these are the areas i keep all the tension in, so to relax these areas i generally have to stretch first.