Email Notifications Intermittent

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim ema

I have my preferences set for "Instant email notification" both for private messages and replies to threads, but sometimes I get one and sometimes I don't.

Currently, I go through all the threads where I posted comments and visually check to see if there's been a reply. Sometimes there have been two or three replies and I did not get a notification.

I thought, perhaps, that my notifications were being routed to my "Junk" folder by hotmail, but I have put "@orientaldancer.net" on my Safe list and I DO occassionally get a notification.

Anyone know what might be happening??

I am only passingly familiar with this sort of thing!

Thanks for ANY help!
:)
AT

tim ema

hmmm not sure off hand, when Anatoliy get's in I'll talk to him about this.

Thank you! Do some notifications end in something other than "@orientaldancer.net"? That was something I was thinking might be a problem, but I've been checking my "Junk" folder regularly just in case - and have found nothing from the forum....

Maybe my computer just hates me.
:(
AT

....on this subject, I actually got TWO notifications (both identical) of your response to this! Feast or famine, it seems!
The email was prefaced:

Salome has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Email
Notifications Intermittent - in the Chat about this web-site forum of Belly
Dance Forum.

This thread is located at:
(then it gave the link to this thread)

I notice it says "in the Chat"....hmmmmm...
~~shrugs... as it is over her head~~
FYI!

.....thank you again for any thoughts or help from you or Anatoliy!

Last edited:

Salome

Administrator
Ok, here's what I got:

Go to your User CP
Click Edit options
under "Messaging & Notification" click both boxes
under that you will see "Default Thread Subscription Mode"
Click the drop down box and select "instant email notification"
Under that you will see "Private Messaging" check mark every box in that
table.
Scroll alllll the way down to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes".

I notice it says "in the Chat"....hmmmmm...
~~shrugs... as it is over her head~~

That forum is called "Chat about this website" so the sentence is saying "in the Chat about this website forum..."

tim ema

Ok, here's what I got:

Go to your User CP
Click Edit options
under "Messaging & Notification" click both boxes
under that you will see "Default Thread Subscription Mode"
Click the drop down box and select "instant email notification"
Under that you will see "Private Messaging" check mark every box in that
table.
Scroll alllll the way down to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes".

That forum is called "Chat about this website" so the sentence is saying "in the Chat about this website forum..."

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!
I wouldn't be a bother about this topic - but I don't want anyone responding to one of my posts - and I never answer! They would think I was very rude!
I don't want to seem rude on such a friendly forum!
Again: THANK YOU! :D :D :D

AT

tim ema

LOL!! Well, here I am again!

I am now getting no email notifications of any kind! ~~sigh!~~ I don't know what happened! They just stopped all of a sudden!
I checked my hotmail Junk Folder, they are not going there.
I have not changed my settings in any way, though I checked my User CP and made sure all my boxes were ticked!!

All the threads I have contributed to lately are indeed showing up in my UserCP screen, but the notifications are not getting to me.

Weird.

:(
AT

Salome

Administrator
Hi Tim'ema,

here is the skinny on that. Since we moved to a new hosting provider there is a problem with our email. We are able to recieve but not send emails. That goes for the forum email alerts also since it is all connected. We are working with tech support and hope to have it ironed out soon.

Rebecca_

So for some reason, I've started getting e-mail notifications out of the blue. Did someone change some overall settings?

tim ema

Hi Tim'ema,

here is the skinny on that. Since we moved to a new hosting provider there is a problem with our email. We are able to recieve but not send emails. That goes for the forum email alerts also since it is all connected. We are working with tech support and hope to have it ironed out soon.

Must be working, because the notification for this message was in my hotmail IN box!

Thanks for the info!

AT

Status
Not open for further replies.