Post Thanks / Like

Wink Hello from Argentina

Hello,my nameīs Amal,Iīm totally new in this forum,and happy I found it.
    Well for what Iīve read it seems like everyone there is pretty young.
    Iīm 37 and I havenīt been dancing for around 10 years(uff thaīs a lot).I have been leaving in Californai for 12 years,danced for 10 years and when I met my husband in CA I stopped dancing,had my two kids 9 and 6 years old.Now I just moved back to Argentina and I started seeing all the dancers that started with me,from those years.They look the same,belly dance is a wonderful thing keeps you young and happy.Well now I feel frustrated because I stopped dancing and didnīt follow thru with my career as a dancer.I feel that is too late to continue.And lost 12 years of progress.
    Thank you for reading me!!!Hope to continue in the forum...to get some youth!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, Amal! Actually, I think the members of this forum are from all age groups, but we are just a lovely lively bunch, so we've left you with an impression we are all young

Even though you had a 12-year break, I am sure there is quite a bit of dance memories left in your head and body, so getting back on track should not be too difficult. Just get that ball rolling... And we are glad to offer support on the way...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you Maariku

Thank you for your thoughts.You are deffinitely right!!!
    I just need courage to go back and take classes. My dancer inside never died,actually a few months ago I got together with and all girl friend and we went to a Arabian Restaurant,we danced and had a great time and I actually had some cheers from the customers!!!felt great!!.
    I just need to start,I had my all teacher,Amir Thaleb,I will have to get the courage,like I said and restart with him...Of course,I donīt think I look as I was 12 years ago!!,and....he would remind me that!!!I think thatīs my fear!!
    But time will tell!!!!Thank you again,is always nice to hear from people like you,positive and kind!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Amal!

Welcome!

I agree - I think forum members are from a wide range of ages. One of the wonderful thing about dance, is you are never too old! I went to a hafla and enjoyed a woman who had to be over 80, dancing in a most delicate and beautiful way. Her hands were mesmerizing. Her joy evident.

I hope you find a dance class that inspires you and allows you to meet fabulous dancers of all ages.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Amal welcome to the forum and happy posting

Post Thanks / Like

Buenos Dias amiga !!!!
    I'm Maria Aya from Greece, and one of my fav dancers and teachers is Ashmahan who is Argentinian, lives and work at Cairo Egypt.
    Welcome in this wonderfull forum !!

Maria Aya