barb

hi my name is barb just found this site, have been danceing for about 15 months and love it to bits and its great to meet you all.

pearl

Hey!

You're from Victoria! Do you know any Maltese by any chance? I'm from Malta and I know that there are lots of Maltese living in Victoria. Is belly dance very popular there?

barb

hello pearl

hi pearl i dont know for sure if the people are maltese but i think they have their own clubs in melbourne and belly is very popular here im just starting to find different places to go to see all of our great dancers but most time its a 2 hour drive but its worth it.

TinaL

Hi, Barb! Nice to meet you, too! This is a wonderful site for sharing and learning. I love it!

Pearl~~ You're from Malta?! My sister married a man from there and moved several years ago. From the pix she's sent me, it's really beautiful. Nice to meet you, too!

pearl

Hi, Barb! Nice to meet you, too! This is a wonderful site for sharing and learning. I love it!

Pearl~~ You're from Malta?! My sister married a man from there and moved several years ago. From the pix she's sent me, it's really beautiful. Nice to meet you, too!

Malta IS beautiful :) Haven't you ever been there since your sister got married?

Artemocion Malta

Belly Dance in Malta by ARTEMOCION

Artemoción Belly Dance , Malta

Learn the sensual art of Belly Dancing!

Artemocion is offering courses of Belly Dancing in SLIEMA ,NAXXAR AND MELLIEHA.
Our courses are held by professional teachers. We offer courses , workshops and private classes.
Classical Arabic Belly Dance, Modern Belly dance, Turkish Belly Dance, Spanish fusion and much more!

Classical Arabic Belly Dance course is starting in August in Sliema
so don't miss this great opportunity to indulge in the world of Oriental Belly Dancing!

Our professional performers and teachers can be also booked for shows , parties and weddings.
Our exotic dancers will make your celebration an unforgettable experience!

Contact us on 79068761 or scorpian.turner@yahoo.com for more information

Thanks
Artemocion, Malta

pearl

Artemoción Belly Dance , Malta

Learn the sensual art of Belly Dancing!

Artemocion is offering courses of Belly Dancing in SLIEMA ,NAXXAR AND MELLIEHA.
Our courses are held by professional teachers. We offer courses , workshops and private classes.
Classical Arabic Belly Dance, Modern Belly dance, Turkish Belly Dance, Spanish fusion and much more!

Classical Arabic Belly Dance course is starting in August in Sliema
so don't miss this great opportunity to indulge in the world of Oriental Belly Dancing!

Our professional performers and teachers can be also booked for shows , parties and weddings.
Our exotic dancers will make your celebration an unforgettable experience!

Contact us on 79068761 or scorpian.turner@yahoo.com for more information

Thanks
Artemocion, Malta

Hello!!!

Glad to hear that bellydance lessons are commencing in Malta too! What, you must be the first on the island to offer bellydance lessons! If I were still living there I'd have been the first to apply, no doubt!! Good luck, hope you get lots of students and that your venture will make a lot of success!!!!!!!

Artemocion Malta

Pearl we have more than just belly dance in common

thanks dear Pearl . Yeah i Have been Belly Dancing since i was much younger (now i am 20) and in the beginning people where like >>>>>>>>>>>>>huh? is she Arabic or Maltese!Well i am Maltese but i learned Belly Dancing in Tunisia!
I go often on tv to dance and talk about Belly dance and oriental culture .
I saw your posts , you live in Germany right? my boyfriend is German but he lives here in Malta. We are going there in August for a week.

xxxxx

pearl

thanks dear Pearl . Yeah i Have been Belly Dancing since i was much younger (now i am 20) and in the beginning people where like >>>>>>>>>>>>>huh? is she Arabic or Maltese!Well i am Maltese but i learned Belly Dancing in Tunisia!
I go often on tv to dance and talk about Belly dance and oriental culture .
I saw your posts , you live in Germany right? my boyfriend is German but he lives here in Malta. We are going there in August for a week.

xxxxx

Hello!

Gee you are very young! I am 34! I'm presently not learning belly dance. Stopped lessons about 2 months ago when we were moving (was skipping too many lessons) and though I planned to start again - or rather to continue - I haven't got down to doing so yet.

Yes I'm living in Germany. My husband is German, he is from Essen. We've been married 5 years. Before that I lived and worked in Malta - but there were no belly dance lessons then, as far as I know. I feel many people in Malta are prejudiced against anything arabic/oriental and would be most likely to shun/to mock belly dance. This is only my opinion and I may be wrong.

Whats you name, by the way? I've seen the nice pictures you posted; but there are 4 young girls - which one is you?

Bye for now
Daniela

Artemocion Malta

hello pearl :)

Hey pearl!

you live in Essen...hmm i don't know where that is... I just know that essen means to eat:) It's always good to know that word in many many languages!

Well things have changed regarding people 's opinion on belly dance.I would be very angry if i hear anyone saying anything against it I AM A BELLY DANCER- pioneer in Malta! and a femminst so... i guess sometimes people say bad stuff about belly dancers just because they can't dance like that themselves. I am a student at univeristy , I am doing Arabic and ...you can imagine when there are teachers from school at my shows :shok:
They are like "oh my god i never thought u could dance like that" ... there is a former teacher of mine that always wants to know when it's the next show! so... i guess that belly dance is quite respected!

Well yeah i am quite young ( i guess)... I started taking dance lessons since the age of 3 with Ballet , and since then never stopped dancing .In the pictures I am the girl with the long curly blondish hair ...even in my avatar picture thats me. I am the petite one(short and thin) . My name is Corinne
My parents took me for belly dance lessons in Tunisia when i was quite young, I used to do the belly roll before i had a real belly!

By the way...I am going to Germany in a few weeks , is it colder than here? the last time i have been there....i was freezing (december) and here it was not cold at all!

I encourage you to start classes there or maybe dance at home untill you find classes... I mean don't let your busy schedule as a wife run over ur fun time. There are many Turkish girls there maybe they give classes....Turkish belly dance is great aswell. I like DIDEM she is my fave turkish dancer

Lotus Dancer

Hi Barb,
Welcome. I'm from Echuca.
Do you get to Melb very much?
We're about 2hrs away as well.
We've had Melusina from Underbelly up here for workshops. She is Fantastic.
Who do you dance with?
Smiles to you.
Lotus Dancer

Maria_Aya

Welcome in this wonderfull forum !!!
Enjoy reading, posting and having fun !!

Maria Aya, Athens, Greece :D