U.S. Pacific Northwest Bellydancer

Ariela

There are a lot of members in this forum - it's fabulous to see there are so many other people who enjoy belly dance!

I think all forms of dance are enjoyable but only study belly dance. I think anyone who dances is beautiful. While I haven't had the opportunity to dance in the tribal fashion, I love watching others do it. I've been belly dancing in the Egyptian style for four years taking both private and group lessons. My teacher is enthusiastic and gracious at the same time has classes that allow me to grow as far as I'm willing to put effort into the dance. I love working with zills and veils.

I'm just now learning to separate dancing in class and learning technique from dancing for myself and others just for the joy of it. :dance:

Aisha Azar

PNW dancer

There are a lot of members in this forum - it's fabulous to see there are so many other people who enjoy belly dance!

I think all forms of dance are enjoyable but only study belly dance. I think anyone who dances is beautiful. While I haven't had the opportunity to dance in the tribal fashion, I love watching others do it. I've been belly dancing in the Egyptian style for four years taking both private and group lessons. My teacher is enthusiastic and gracious at the same time has classes that allow me to grow as far as I'm willing to put effort into the dance. I love working with zills and veils.

I'm just now learning to separate dancing in class and learning technique from dancing for myself and others just for the joy of it. :dance:

Dear Ariela,
Welcome to the forum. I am from the Pacific NW and so is Salome and so is Tribal dancer Sharon Moore. Where do you live and who is your teacher? We may know her! I live in Spokane, WA., Sharon lives in the Seattle area and if I remember correctly, Salome is near Eugene (??).
Regards,
A'isha

Ariela

Dear Ariela,
Welcome to the forum. I am from the Pacific NW and so is Salome and so is Tribal dancer Sharon Moore. Where do you live and who is your teacher? We may know her! I live in Spokane, WA., Sharon lives in the Seattle area and if I remember correctly, Salome is near Eugene (??).
Regards,
A'isha

Thanks, and hi! I'm so glad to hear from you! I thought there were so many members on this site that I'd get lost in the masses. Silly me.

I live near North Bend and my teacher is Aleili. I go to Spokane each year to visit family. We just visited in July. Sheesh it was hot!

Did you go to Medfest in West Seattle this year? I missed it for the first time in years :(

Salome

Administrator
Hi Ariela,

nice to have another PNW'erner on the forum. I understand Omar Faruk Tekbilek was in Bend earlier this year. He is one of my Favorite musicians, I wanted to go but schedule did not permit. Did you catch his show?

Ariela

Hi Ariela,

nice to have another PNW'erner on the forum. I understand Omar Faruk Tekbilek was in Bend earlier this year. He is one of my Favorite musicians, I wanted to go but schedule did not permit. Did you catch his show?

Hi! I love the way you put it "PNW'erner :) Thanks for writing. It's good to 'meet' another 'PNW'erner!

No! I missed Omar? However, I have to admit there was no way my schedule would have allowed me to travel to Bend this year either. Still, I missed Omar - drat!

I have his Dance Into Eternity CD and really enjoy dancing to the first track 'A Call to Prayer' when I want to work on isolations and to track 5 Song of the Pharoahs. I get mesmerized and forget technique dancing for my soul - and can't decide if that's a good or a bad thing :think:

Maybe now that I belong to this forum I won't miss events - and now I have more time - yeah!

Aisha Azar

A little advertising!!

Thanks, and hi! I'm so glad to hear from you! I thought there were so many members on this site that I'd get lost in the masses. Silly me.

I live near North Bend and my teacher is Aleili. I go to Spokane each year to visit family. We just visited in July. Sheesh it was hot!

Did you go to Medfest in West Seattle this year? I missed it for the first time in years :(

Dear Ariela,
In case you are interested, my dance company is sponsoring Mark Balahadia for a workshop and performance on the 15/16th of Sept. For more info go to Barharat!!..
Regards,
A'isha

Ariela

Dear Ariela,
In case you are interested, my dance company is sponsoring Mark Balahadia for a workshop and performance on the 15/16th of Sept. For more info go to Barharat!!..
Regards,
A'isha

We're on vacation this week so I am unavailable. Thank you so much for the notice though, I appreciate it.

nightdancer

Hello Ariela,

I live in VA right now, but I'm from the Seattle area as well. My house was in Olalla, just before the Tacoma Narrows.

Just wanted to say hello :)

TribalDancer

Welcome to the forum! Aleili was a pivotal teacher in my dance lineage. You got a good one there for learning American Cab and Folkloric-ish styles. :)

Ariela

Hello Ariela,

I live in VA right now, but I'm from the Seattle area as well. My house was in Olalla, just before the Tacoma Narrows.

Just wanted to say hello :)

Hi! Wow, Virginia - that's a long way! Olalla is so beautiful. It must have been hard to leave such a beautiful area. However, I've never been to VA so maybe it's even more beautiful. You may have used the Southworth more than the Narrows' bridge - the bridge has a toll now.

Do you miss all the rain? :)

Thanks for saying hi.

Ariela

Welcome to the forum! Aleili was a pivotal teacher in my dance lineage. You got a good one there for learning American Cab and Folkloric-ish styles. :)

Have you danced at Medfest? I think I recognize your picture as a dancer I've seen. I've only danced there once. Hopefully more times to come in my future.

How interesting! I didn't know she taught anything but Egyptian style belly dance, which is the style I've learned from her.

What is American Cab?

Thanks for saying hi:)

Maria_Aya

hey and a welcome from far away Greece !!!
As you already see this is a fun and human, and educating forum.

Maria Aya, Greece :)

Ariela

hey and a welcome from far away Greece !!!
As you already see this is a fun and human, and educating forum.

Maria Aya, Greece :)

Hello Maria!

My friend just returned from her honeymoon in Greece. I can't wait to see her pictures and hear the stories. She said they had a fabulous time! I've always wanted to go - perhaps next year.

Thanks for the greeting!