Hi from Florida!

Mmketeer

Hi fellow dancers!

I am what I would consider a beginner as I have only been daning for about a year and a half and I have my first big performance on stage this Saturday! YIKES! It's our annual gala and I was too new last year to even attempt it. Well anyway, nice to meet ya and wish me luck! :)

From baby belly to beginner...next stop...possiablY joining a troupe. We'll see! LOL!

Mmketeer

Mmketeer

Thanks Kutenurse and slinks. :)

My last rehersal is tonight with the troupe I am preforming in. The nerves are starting to kick in.....<BG>

Mmketeer

Hi all,

Thanks for the kind words. <BG> It went well on Saturday, though I must say I really blew one number when I was out front, but thankfully I had 5 others that I performed in that I only had a few bobbles in that probably only myself and my fellow dancers would catch. Thank goodness for the "beginner" title. <BG>
The lights were so dang bright that I felt like I was going to be lifted off into a space ship or something at anytime and between that and the nerves it was a little scary. At least I didn't fall off the stage...I know it could always be worse. Anyway, I did it and got through it and I did have fun. :)
I did surprise myself on how quickly I was able to change costumes. The only thing I had trouble with was switching out the jelewry, but at least I figured out to put the costumes and hip scarfs on first and worry about the rest "if" you have time. I pretty much never did between the hair and lipstick touch ups though. Oh well, I think it went pretty well for my first time on stage though and I am really glad it's over with. Their should be alot less stress now in class....no more gotta get it right for Gala! LOL!

'We came to Belly Dance" and belly dance we did. LOL!
Larissa

Maria_Aya

Welcomeeeeee !!!
Enjoy this forum, read, have fun and learn more about oriental dance!!

Maria Aya, Greece :)

Mmketeer

Thanks! :) I think our style is American Bellydance. Which I think means we don't actually have a set style. LOL!

PS
I'll have to look into the Oriental, I don't think I heard of that style of BD. :)