Turkish Dancer Tanyeli

I saw Tanyeli dance (and sing) at the Sydney Middle Eastern Dance Festival in May. She sang some of her latest hits - horrible pop songs! - but I liked her dancing. She has great presence and a lovely sensual style.

She apologized several times about the standard of her dancing, explaining that she had a terrible car accident a few years ago and is lucky to be dancing at all. I really didn't think she had anything to apologize for! However I'm assuming she's branching out into singing because she feels she's not up to being a belly dance star any more.

Reen.Blom

I like her lots! I think she' got an instructyional dvd out....

I think she's got a lot of 'soul' when she's dancing, and well, I agree some people are 'born' dancers and performers, training of course, but for some it is a calling....

Sita

I saw Tanyeli dance (and sing) at the Sydney Middle Eastern Dance Festival in May. She sang some of her latest hits - horrible pop songs! - but I liked her dancing. She has great presence and a lovely sensual style.

She apologized several times about the standard of her dancing, explaining that she had a terrible car accident a few years ago and is lucky to be dancing at all. I really didn't think she had anything to apologize for! However I'm assuming she's branching out into singing because she feels she's not up to being a belly dance star any more.

:think:I think she's been releasing music for a while now. She's a very savy buisness women by all accounts. I saw clips of the performance and I actually thought she was really good, but then I suppose an artist is always seeking perfection. :D

Sita