Thought Provoking Belly Dance Costumes Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granddad

Mac, short for Mackintosh.

The Mackintosh or Macintosh (abbreviated as mac or mack) is a form of waterproof raincoat, first sold in 1824, made out of rubberized fabric. The Mackintosh is named after its Scottish inventor Charles Macintosh, though a letter k is added by many writers.

Although the Mackintosh style of coat has become generic, a genuine Mackintosh coat should be made from rubberised or rubber laminated material.
(Wikipedia)

The name became generic for raincoats in the same way that Hoover became a synonym for vacuum cleaners.

Ps When I was in my 20s someone asked me to wear a mac to bed!!! I couldn't see how that could be sexy at the time!!!

:think: Hmmmm That sounds like the first recorded case of a McFetish!
:doh::doh::doh::tongue:

:think: Are you saying that you can see how that could be sexy now? ;)

gisela

Super Moderator
Oh yes I remember now. Penny lane by the Beatles: " and the banker never wears a mac... in the pouring rain.. very strange", right???

That's the only time I've heard of it before.

Granddad

:lol: OK, I'll accept that. :lol:

Those packamac things were awful! I got one as a Christmas present when I was about 19. I guess it could have been a boon to my sex life if I'd had the imagination.... or the sex life. :think: Too late now. :lol:

Shanazel

Okay, just as I was feeling very cosmopolitan for knowing what a mac is, you come up with packamac and pop my bubble. Translation?

Phoebedances

let me just add this one as a prime example of what is by definition a UBDC - looking absolutely stunning on one of my favourite dancers...... But then nothing could sanve the crassels or nipple targets!!!

and don't you just love the dancing!!!

Ps When I was in my 20s someone asked me to wear a mac to bed!!! I couldn't see how that could be sexy at the time!!!

I really like this costume - but only someone like Orit could completely pull it off. She is so cute, she could probably dance in a trashbag and look sexy!

Granddad

Okay, just as I was feeling very cosmopolitan for knowing what a mac is, you come up with packamac and pop my bubble. Translation?

They came out in the 60s when plastic was king. It was a plastic raincoat that rolled up small and you could fit in your pocket or handbag (purse) in case you got caught in the rain without your brolly.

On a warm wet day (we do have the occasional warm day in England) it was like carrying your own portable sauna.

jenc

Like thisView attachment 2201

Do you remember those awful rainbonnets........ The ones made out of folded plastic... Looked like wearing a pleated plastic bag on your head

Last edited:

Granddad

:lol: Of course I remember those! Mum probably still has one in her handbag as an essential fashion accessory.

If you do a Google image search under plastic mac you come up with some very strange x rated images! :redface: :shok: :redface:

lizaj

Blacks

They're still about- the modern versions are "jack in a Pack " and "Kag and a bag" and err I got one..granny's got a mac in her handbag!:lol:

Granddad

:lol: Personally I don't have to worry about my hair misbehaving if I get caught in a shower. :D

A 1/4 inch long fringe around the back and side is really very easy to deal with. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.