Page 3 of 126 FirstFirst 1234567891353103 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by perfumeshop View Post
    I just think it is fairer not to show the face of individual "private" dancers. I am not talking about mannekins nor professional models for big traders or even big name dancers. They are fair game.
    But as you are the moderator I shall desist from making any further comment than this.
    I am sorry if that was out of line. I am new to orientaldancer.net and didn't realise I was in error to make such a comment.
    Once people post their pictures on the internet, they tacitly agree to a certain loss of privacy as well as a certain celebrity, be it famous or infamous.
    People whose photos are posted without their knowledge or permission is a different issue all together, of course, though they should perhaps have enough sense not to allow themselves to be photographed in compromising costumes or activities.

You weren't out of line or in error, Perfumeshop. I did, however, disagree with your stance and was irritated by the little lecture. I am too lazy to stay irritated long, though, and my feathers are now smoothed.. By the way, being a moderator does not give me any more rights than anyone else on the forum, just a bit more responsibility.

The mesh outfit Moon has posted is very much in the infamous category of celebrity, and I congratulate you, my dear Moon, on discovering one of the most remarkable ensembles I have seen yet.
    Last edited by Shanazel; 09-26-2007 at 11:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

People can be very emotional when it comes to costumes. We all have different tastes that's for sure, but some costumes are well, uhm just so disgraceful for the dance that there is no discussion possible about them (like that underwear comstume on the previous page).
    I have seen heated discussions, especially on Bhuz. People hated me for having started the UBDC thread there and publically bashed me and there was even a troll whose sole mission was to flame me so much I'd leave from Bhuz. Well that hasn't happened . But I didn't like the way the moderators didn't do anything about it.
    I guess the best way to post the pictures is to post them with faces removed and also backgrounds removed as much as possible. So it doesn't show so easily where the picture comes from.

I think the reason why people are so easily insulted by UBDC is because they OWN one . I guess everybody has made costume mistakes, so have I . I think we shouldn't take it all too serious

And now, time for some 'more beauties':

Nothing wrong with the costume, but where is the skirt????

this was listed as 'teen costume' for $45 only!

Post Thanks / Like

And now really really weird ones. I think the makers must have been on drugs:

this one is really funny:

This was being sold as belly dance item!!!!

If you want to see many many more go to this page, it needs to load a bit first though:

Unusual and Funny Dance Costumes Photo Album - tribe.net

Oh and btw you can find my own ugly costumes there as well

Post Thanks / Like

Dina Lydia is my hero. She has the most delightful and irreverent sense of humor!Note the baby against her thigh.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness

Amulya... where do you find all those???
    If you can post that balloon shaped hat here again I'll be forever greatfull

Shanazel.... Those costumes are so rediculous the designer should have taken something worse than drugs... certain mushrooms, maybe.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

OH MY! I am rolling on the floor laughing! Amulya and Shan where did you find those costumes???? lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Dina Lydia is my hero. She has the most delightful and irreverent sense of humor!Note the baby against her thigh.
    I love those costumes! She does have a good sense of humor :-)

Post Thanks / Like

The balloon shaped hat is on that same link I gave. That album has my complete collection of uglies. Not sure on which page though... it's many pages long!

Where I find them? Just browsing the internet I guess, but mostly they get send to me by other dancers.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just rushing around to check that my costume won't feature on this page!!
    Does hot pink count as Bad Taste?!! BTW I'm still sewing my costume!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amulya
    Not sure on which page though... it's many pages long!
    I only see one page with 3 costumes What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Adiemus
    Does hot pink count as Bad Taste?!!
    Nope

What would people need a bellydance bikini for???

I'd point and laugh if someone would walk in like this
    Last edited by Moon; 09-27-2007 at 09:40 AM.