Thought Provoking Belly Dance Costumes Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanazel

I found this while I was looking for soft sculpture arms for Amulya on the peacock thread. Perhaps we need a subsection of UBDC for ugly belly dance poses. This person posted this picture of herself on her website, so I suppose she is happy with it. I'd blur out the face, but I can't unless Moon will teach me how (Moon is my computer guru ).

Last edited:

Suhad

It has nothing to do with the wonderful, rich and elegant costumes of the Nagwa Fouad and Fifi Abdo time, or the even older ones from Taheya Karioka, Samia Gamal, Naima Akef (which we know unfortunately only in black and white. Imagine those costume dreams in colour!)

Yeah, I know Ted Turner got a lot of heat for colorizing some of the classics of American cinema, but he did a huge amount of research in order to get the colors on the costuming correct...imagine if someone had cared enough to do that for the Egyptian classics. I STILL want to make replicas of some of Samia Gamal's costumes, even if I don't know the colors, because they are so incredibly elegant.

Oh, and Shanazel, is that Fatheim? (maybe I spelled it wrong)

Moon

Well, at least that woman seems to wear her old-people's-white-hair with pride, Shanazel.
The only way in which I could blur the face was copying the image to photoshop, blur it in there, save the file on my pc :)() and post it here as a link. If you don't have photoshop you can also just put something over the face with Paint or so.

Amulya, last time I posted in this thread I missed the entire page on which you posted some of the most horrible costumes ever. And thanks for the hat! It still makes me laugh :lol:

Shanazel

Oh, and Shanazel, is that Fatheim? (maybe I spelled it wrong)

No, I believe she calls herself Pepper Alexandria. She puts herself forth as a belly dancer, but the costume, attitude, and appellation call stripping to mind (maybe because a friend of mine used to be an exotic dancer under the name Chili Pepper).

I'll try the face painting, Moon. Thanks.

Suheir

No, I believe she calls herself Pepper Alexandria. She puts herself forth as a belly dancer, but the costume, attitude, and appellation call stripping to mind (maybe because a friend of mine used to be an exotic dancer under the name Chili Pepper).

I'll try the face painting, Moon. Thanks.
That photo looks as though it's from a girly pin-up calendar.

Amulya

Onion net costume:

Ranya

Oh dear...Shanazel....got me rolling on the floor for about 15min for the modesty flower :-D ...you truly are my humor role model! GO girl!

Shanazel

Oh dear...Shanazel....got me rolling on the floor for about 15min for the modesty flower :-D ...you truly are my humor role model! GO girl!

That is one of the nicest things anyone has said to me. Thank you, Ranya.

What style does Pepper Alexandria teach, Catwomyn?

Shanazel

Well, that's interesting. Thanks for the site and the information.

The following is from an advertisers site: I think of it as the yellow peril.
Same site: go straight from your gig to sweet dreams in these belly dance jammies

Different site: Shop Like an Egyptian

Last edited:

Zurah

Nor to me, though I wouldn't wear it myself because of the color - I need no help making my skin look even more indoorsy-green, thank you :) It's not great, but somebody with a darker skin tone might be able to pull it off nicely...

Moon

I would like the green dress without those big hearts.
Those bellydance jammies... riiight, coins are well known to be very comfortable to lay on in bed.

And what do you think of this?

miriam

I still can't get over how the yellow costume has the boobs pointing in 2 different directions.

gisela

Super Moderator
oh no!!! that's mine!

Haha just kidding.
The blue one looks like some sesamestreet/muppet show-( or something from the fraggles -are they called that in english?) animal with closed eyes and heavy eyelids with giant eyelashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.