Thought Provoking Belly Dance Costumes Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanazel

I assume those things are meant for the bedroom, or are they sold as belly dance costumes???

Amulya, I don't know. The site sold other costumes as well that were perfectly legitimate and rather nice. Frankly, I prefer the transparent to the phallic. Ick!

Amulya

I think someone on Bhuz called this one: spotted dick (there is this english dish called spotted dick, no joke!) :

Amulya

There used to be a seller on EBay with the most 'creative' costume, some of you might remember this:

I had heaps more pictures but lost them. Imagine, these costumes had high prices, but got put up on EBay again and again, I wonder why.

Q-Tip

There used to be a seller on EBay with the most 'creative' costume, some of you might remember this:

I had heaps more pictures but lost them. Imagine, these costumes had high prices, but got put up on EBay again and again, I wonder why.
'Creative' is a polite word.
Some of the costumes I've seen on ebay in the past were hideous and it wouldn't matter who was wearing them - noone could make those costumes look good. I wish I would have captured the pictures.

lizaj

BELLYDANCE CENTRAL - Everything Belly Dance! Welcome to BHUZ - Biggest Online BellyDance Community

I don't think so, Amulya ;)

People are more careful about posting images as some vendors got nasty with the "old" Bhuz mamangement if I remember and it was deemed better to post links.
Also there's a greater acknowledgement that one man's meat etc.... Take the case in that thread .Someone posted how they disliked Eman's feathery offering in Dahlal whilst some others loved it and one dancer owned it!
I do agree with you that there are some costumes and the way some dancers wear'em that bring us all into disrepute with their tackiness and the world needs to know!!!!.:clap:
However the 2 Sahar Okasas...The thong effect seems to be very popular and is a matter of taste I suppose. I've seen some I hate and others I don't mind and I think the top on the first one would have not have been fully "put on" it looks like it had ties to go across that would cover the cleavage somewhat more . Mind you I can cope with seeing cleavage and long leg show in a dancer . I can't stand seeing ar$es and nipples, I'm not fond of centre ,either back or front, splits and too sheer harem pants and skirts.:shok: Badly shaped bras and no support tops I loath and crassels ...........well less said:rolleyes:

Amulya

That bra you're talking about is probably contructed in such a way that it stays (and maybe boob glue). I think the straps can go in different directions as I have seen pictures where they were tied in diferent ways.
The thong effect, I don't know, maybe people like it because Dina wear it?

Shanazel

Well, I like snakes, and have for years been trying to figure out how to use one on a costume (a fake snake, of course), but I have never been able to get a design together that I like. This snake set doesn't measure up, either. I like the idea, I even like the blue snake design okay, but the whole thing put together just doesn't work, maybe because the snake has such a Courtney Davis Celtic appearance.

As for the belly dance underwear, maybe the designer thought two heads were better than one.

Amulya

Maybe you should as Jillina if she sells her pink snake costume :) , but that's maybe not what you're looking for.

Shanazel

Don't recall the pink snake costume (a PINK snake? Isn't that what folks with the DTs see?), but any snake that fit Jillina would probably only fit me as an anklet!

Status
Not open for further replies.