Thought Provoking Belly Dance Costumes Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon

Edited by Amulya:
There are 2 of these treads so I have called them part I and part II to make sure there is no confusion, this one is not used anymore for posting, so if you want to post go to part II :)

Original post:

Removed because of complaints :(

(There faces were already on e-bay anyway, but ok... And I see I was apparently the only one forgetting to remove the face here (not!) :rolleyes:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shanazel

It's Baaaa-aaack! Yah, Moon! Now you have to teach me to move costume pictures around!

(This smilie skill is the greatest new toy I've had in a long time)

I adore the snake costume. Absolutely classic in its lack of foresight.

Last edited:

KuteNurse

I think Moonie has created a monster! A smilie face monster! lol Shan...I am right with you...I love the smilies too. You should see the smilies that Slinks gave me on messenger! They Rock! lol

perfumeshop

If costumes are up for sale with professional vendors then yes..they are fair game. BUT....:(

I'm sorry but I don't think it is right to post photos like this with the wearer. It would be better to block out the face if you really feel driven.
It would be very embarassing if she were looking in on this thread. We have all made costuming mistakes and that one isn't that horrendous after all.
Please leave individuals alone..it could be YOU!:)
When all is said and done, beauty or otherwise is in the eye of the beholder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dev

Shanazel

If costumes are posted on line, they are fair game. If you are bothered by the thread, don't read it. Also avoid the last page of Glamour Magazine which has printed tacky outfits for years with only the barest hint of an eye obscuring bar to disguise the face. It's true- it could be one of us. And if one of my costumes appears, I'll probably use the opportunity to rethink wearing it.

Shanazel

Last edited:

Moon

Whahahah that bike shorts costume omg!

But this one is worse: :shok:

Last edited:

perfumeshop

If costumes are posted on line, they are fair game. If you are bothered by the thread, don't read it. Also avoid the last page of Glamour Magazine which has printed tacky outfits for years with only the barest hint of an eye obscuring bar to disguise the face. It's true- it could be one of us. And if one of my costumes appears, I'll probably use the opportunity to rethink wearing it.

I am NOT bothered by the thread.
I have had a costume I bought listed as an UGBD on tribe and guess what I still love that costume!
I just think it is fairer not to show the face of individual "private" dancers. I am not talking about mannekins nor professional models for big traders or even big name dancers. They are fair game.
But as you are the moderator I shall desist from making any further comment than this.
I am sorry if that was out of line. I am new to orientaldancer.net and didn't realise I was in error to make such a comment.

Moon

Perfumeshop said:
I am NOT bothered by the thread.
I have had a costume I bought listed as an UGBD on tribe and guess what I still love that costume!
I just think it is fairer not to show the face of individual "private" dancers. I am not talking about mannekins nor professional models for big traders or even big name dancers. They are fair game.
But as you are the moderator I shall desist from making any further comment than this.
I am sorry if that was out of line. I am new to orientaldancer.net and didn't realise I was in error to make such a comment.
I'll apologise too. I thought it was ok because those people had put their pics on e-bay for everyone to see anyway. Ofcourse I would never show the face if the picture wasn't put on internet already (you can see in the photo gallery I always cut off my fellow students). I just got annoyed because you used that :naghty: smiley like I'm some naughty little kid, but I think you didn't mean it that way. And I thought it was a little unfair you only quoted my post while some others also didn't remove the face :(

KuteNurse

Ditto to Shanazel and Moonie. I agree that we have the right to make fun of tacky costumes. In many of the threads I have read, people attack and make fun of dancers when UTube threads are posted. What is the difference here except to teach good judgement in getting a costume. There is absolutely no harm in posting these. Freedom of speech or the first ammendment. For those of you who do not know what that is...Google it.

perfumeshop

I'll apologise too. I thought it was ok because those people had put their pics on e-bay for everyone to see anyway. Ofcourse I would never show the face if the picture wasn't put on internet already (you can see in the photo gallery I always cut off my fellow students). I just got annoyed because you used that :naghty: smiley like I'm some naughty little kid, but I think you didn't mean it that way. And I thought it was a little unfair you only quoted my post while some others also didn't remove the face :(

They are called "smilies" and I thought that they always indicated light heartedness when used. I used your post because I thought the girl and her costume looked like an ordinary dancer. I did not mean to offend anyone just to put forward my sincerely held opinion. I see she has put her costume on ebay and maybe that does make her exposed but to me she was not the same as a big trader. I am sorry you take offence at my stance.
I don't mean to treat anyone like a "naughty kid" as I say I thought the smilies were inoffensive and fun.
But I see I should retire from this forum altogether as I have offended too many people. Been nice to know you all.:redface::(

Salome

Administrator
Posting as a moderator here :)

I don't believe the original UGBD thread was deleted - rather it was not started again with the arrival of the 'new' forum. As far as posting pictures go - it is allowed on OrientalDancer.net. It is up to the discretion of the poster on whether or not to obscure models face. Copy right law allows fair use for education and criticism and this type of thread falls into that category.

But I see I should retire from this forum altogether as I have offended too many people.

I'm not trying to convince you one way or the other, it's up to you whether you decide to stay with the forum or not. Just wanted to say that leaving the forum is unnecessary. From the posts here it sounds like it already worked itself out pretty quickly and very civilly...

Last edited:
Reactions: Dev

Moon

Perfumeshop said:
They are called "smilies" and I thought that they always indicated light heartedness when used. I used your post because I thought the girl and her costume looked like an ordinary dancer. I did not mean to offend anyone just to put forward my sincerely held opinion. I see she has put her costume on ebay and maybe that does make her exposed but to me she was not the same as a big trader. I am sorry you take offence at my stance.
I don't mean to treat anyone like a "naughty kid" as I say I thought the smilies were inoffensive and fun.
But I see I should retire from this forum altogether as I have offended too many people. Been nice to know you all.
Hmm I tried to apologise, not offend you more. Maybe I didn't express myself well enough because English is not my first language.
Like I said, I can see where you're coming from. I would never put faces of dancers online who hadn't put themselves online already, but I thought it was ok in this situation because they had put themselves online on ebay, one even in a very revealing costume. I was a little annoyed by the smiley and the fact you only quoted my post, not terribly offended. We always disagree with each other at some times, I hope it won't be a reason for you to leave.
I feel a little sad now by possibly scarying away a member of this forum because of a thread I started :(
I find it a little hard to see sometimes whether dancers are pros or not, but if I think someone isn't a pro, I'll just put the link here and not the picture if that's ok, because I think Perfumeshop is not alone in her opinion.

KuteNurse

Awww...Moonie. Do not feel badly for posting those costumes and pictures. Your intention was not to offend anyone, it was to point out the bad taste in costume choices. I for one am standing beside you on this one. You do have a point though, if someone is offended, instead of make an enemy, it might be best to not do it. Why people get over-sensitive to things like this I have no idea. There are MUCH worse things in this world to worry about that trying to have a little bit of fun. Don't feel bad Moonie for your decision. Keep smiling and posting cuz my life would be much less boring if you were not in it:) Hugs!:D

gisela

Super Moderator
And I thought it was a little unfair you only quoted my post while some others also didn't remove the face :(

hi moon, are you referring to me? I just thought that I didn't have to consider a mannequin-dolls feelings, at least I think she's a mannequin. She looks very stiff and she's standing on a plate.

This costume I might add is called "lavender starfish". The image has a watermark with the link so you know where to go if you want it;)

Moon

oh lol nevermind :redface: I didn't click the full picture because I could already see how ugly the costume was.

She might be laughed at by other mannequin dolls now though :( when they find out some dumb human being thought she was human.

Status
Not open for further replies.