Aida Dina OR

Lydia

Helo lady,s
if you could choose who you prefer to take a workshop with?? and why??
Aida Noor
Morocco
Dina
Lubna
ansuya

now you have to think that they al come to the town where you live....
could you perheps also mention if there is someone you would realy like but is not in the names i mentioned...Thanks a lot Lydia

Maria_Aya

Well its easy for me lol

Aida Nour, I've done 5 workshops so far with her, on various styles, from Saidi, to Melaya Leyf and next month to Falahin, so this gives the anwser.
She is an excellent teacher, always great prepared, a bit strict, and thats why i like her.

Morocco, I've done 1 workshop with her, and I just HATED the music that was used. But for western teachers maybe she is the best to provide info about arabic dance and culture.

Dina, havent done any workshop with her yet, not going crazy with her style, but for someone (interested in egyptian style) like me at least have to study once with her.

Lubna Eman !! What can I say? 18 years the choreographer of Nagua Fuad !!
My beloved teacher to kick my butt lol 3 workshops with her till now.
The woman is genious when it comes to choreo's
I want her as my permanent and forever teacher.

Ansuya well i'm not interested in her style, so no.

Over all i just could be in a room watching Lubna teaching even me sitting there with broken legs (omg noooooooo lol)

Kisses
Maria Aya:D

Well from the ones that are not mentioned, i always feel happy breathing the same air and watching dance/teach Dandash.
And Randa Kamel is in my list of teachers to study with same with Diana Tarkan

Last edited:

Aisha Azar

Who?

Dear Lyudia,
I agree with Aya. I think Aida Nour is an amazing dancer and I would choose her, too. And Randa.
Regards,
A'isha

miriam

I'd go with Aida, Lubna, Randa would be good too, I took a workshop with Dina and it was fabulous, so her. If Fifi would return to the States, I'd be sure not to miss it (like I did last time... very depressing).

Lydia

I am thinking to have another workshop for my students and bring a egyption style teacher so now i can choose more easy ,Thanks

Kharmine

If I could choose two not on your list, Lydia, I would pick Aisha Ali because of her expertise in folkloric styles of the Middle East, and Dahlena, because she is one of the earliest pioneers of American blended style.

Shanazel

Aida Nour is recommended by both A'isha and Maria, so I'd go with expert opinion and chose her.

But for western teachers maybe she is the best to provide info about arabic dance and culture.

Why, Maria? I don't believe you mean to be condescending, but I feel a bit miffed in spite of myself. Unless I don't share a common language with a teacher, I don't think I need a western teacher as opposed to one from the middle east.

Maria_Aya

Aida Nour is recommended by both A'isha and Maria, so I'd go with expert opinion and chose her.

Why, Maria? I don't believe you mean to be condescending, but I feel a bit miffed in spite of myself. Unless I don't share a common language with a teacher, I don't think I need a western teacher as opposed to one from the middle east.

Ok me and my english lol
I meant that Morroco is one OF THE western teachers, that CAN provide the knowledge of the Oriental Dance.

On the other hand, having a teacher that doesnt speak your language or dont have a common communication some times is difficult for the student if we want to ask some questions.

Maria Aya:)

janaki

Aida nour, Lubna. I am crazy about both of them. I am yet to study with Lubna. Not interested in others.

Randa is amazing. I have done 3 WS with her she is getting better at teaching every time. Ammmmmmmazing dancer!!!!

As Maira said it not crazy aboyt Dina but I heard so much good from the friends that studied with her.

Aisha Azar

Dear Shanazel,
And the fact is that you do not need to share a common verbal language to learn from dance from people, just a common basic dance vocabulary! I have spent quite a bit of time learning dance from people who speak very little English.
Regards,
A'isha

Shanazel

Thanks, Maria! It wasn't your English at all, just my misunderstanding. Try me in Greek next time. I have a vast vocabulary of several impressive words like Aristophenes, retsina, and spanakopita!

I know what you mean, A'isha. Tarik just posted a movie clip on another thread that is definitely not in English, though the interaction between drummer and dancers is perfectly clear!