well i dont know how your class is structured but in the one i was attending we followed a regular outline. i think as a teacher, to give yourself a break from planning, have a class session where you have a dance circle. students will get to work on improv rather than the typical suggested chombo's and choreographies. this will be a chance for them to learn something new about THEMSELVES and their dance style. we have one class per week for each class level so i would think it would free up at least one week a month from having to sit down and make a study guide. and depending on the number of students and time left over, devote a portion of that same class to isolations and muscular development. most times than not you can develop static routines for this, but perhaps 5-6 so that they can be rotated for optimal results. these will never change once they have been developed. they stay in the book- you know your bd bible. in all actuality this should be true for the classes as well. you make a plan and stick with it. like a class syllabus. very rarely do they change completely, only here and there by each year they need minor editing.

but as far as levels of belly dance, there is lateral movement here as well so that progress is 3-dimensional. now is the time to look at yourself as a dancer and really see not what you know, but how you show it.

i have seen advanced dancers and think perhaps that they should have fallen down a few rungs and perfected their craft in a few earlier stages. this is what i would use my experience for. turning an eye on myself and seeing if my dance looks how i want it to be. a lot of people advance straight up only to find a flat, dry, sort of replication of belly dance. so tailor it.

what you do with all you know, depends on you? what were you initial goals? to make money, to show-case your skills, to perform...what are your goals now?