Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How about that song by Black eyed peas that has samples of Misirlou in it, called Pump It. I've been playing that song in my mind all day..
    I love aaliyahs "don't know what to tell ya", and ofcourse truth hurts' "addictive"

Then there also is Tarkan's "Bounce" song, which I just saw on MTV here, it has bellydancers in it, and maybe Holly Valance's cover of Simarik by Tarkan.
    Also now there's a song By Cameron and Cheb Khaled on tv music stations, I think it's called Henna. Doesn't have much to do with bellydance other than have an Arab artist in it (whihc is also the case with Sting and Cheb Mami's "Desert Rose")
    I feel there are so much more songs out there with bellydance references in it. Will browse my music collection to find some more.

Love the Snakecharmer thing by the way.

- Just found out that Beyoncé's "Baby Boy" (with sean paul) has a bit of a ME touch to it.
    Last edited by Yshka; 08-09-2006 at 09:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yshka View Post
    Then there also is Tarkan's "Bounce" song, which I just saw on MTV here, it has bellydancers in it, and maybe Holly Valance's cover of Simarik by Tarkan.
    Holly Valance's cover of Simarik? I haven't heard that one yet! In Turkish?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Noiseman, no, unfortunately not. Holly Valance's song is in English and is called "Kiss Kiss" if I'm not mistaken, it came out some years ago.
    It doesn't really have any other connection to Turkish music except that the song melody and stuff comes from Tarkan's Simarik.
    It's a cool song though.

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't mention bellydancing and it's not really about bellydancing, but I believe the song "Mysterious Ways" by U2 was inspired by bellydancing. Go figure. :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yshka View Post
    Hi Noiseman, no, unfortunately not. Holly Valance's song is in English and is called "Kiss Kiss" if I'm not mistaken, it came out some years ago.
    It doesn't really have any other connection to Turkish music except that the song melody and stuff comes from Tarkan's Simarik.
    It's a cool song though.
    Ah--then that's the one used in that movie then? One of the belly dancers we work with keeps telling us about the English version (calling it "Kiss Kiss") which I haven't heard so when I told her we learned Simarik, she didn't know what I was talking about until I sang the chorus for her and then she said, "Oh, 'Kiss Kiss'!" hahaha

Now I at least know the artist and can more easily find the English version (not that I spent much time worrying about that, of course! :p ).

Thanks!

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Kiss Kiss was really big over here, I loved it too. But she does get nekid at one point. Could've been a body suit though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8SDUu78dSk

A british singer person is Javine and Touch my Fire. Very arabicy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqrdw1l2pY8

The Album versions better. More sounds. And this is the vid for Harem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkIap...elated&search=
    Last edited by Sara; 08-10-2006 at 11:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sara View Post
    Kiss Kiss was really big over here, I loved it too. But she does get nekid at one point. Could've been a body suit though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8SDUu78dSk

A british singer person is Javine and Touch my Fire. Very arabicy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqrdw1l2pY8

The Album versions better. More sounds. And this is the vid for Harem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkIap...elated&search=
    Oh awesome!! Thank you. I'll have to watch those this weekend (I still have stupid dial-up) when I'm finished with shows.

Post Thanks / Like

I myself really hate the Holly Valance "Kiss Kiss" version of Simarik but there is also a fun Spanish version of it by Spanish Hakim (who is different guy than Egyptian Hakim) - the name of this version is "La muchacha Turca" (Turkish girl)

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

If you look at the Holly Valance video, she does actually get herself in buff! Lol- I wasn't sure but looking at it, you can she is.

I thought of another one as well. Don't Phunk with my Heart by the BEP. It has 'belly dancers' in the video. (not sure if they are or not)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sara
    I thought of another one as well. Don't Phunk with my Heart by the BEP. It has 'belly dancers' in the video. (not sure if they are or not)
    Really? Where? I never noticed.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast