Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello from North Carolina!

Hi everyone! My name is Sara and I'm a bellydancer from central North Carolina. I teach and perform Tribal style and I'm taking classes in Oriental.
    Nice to meet you all!

Sara Beaman | tribal style belly dance

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Sara,
    I am glad you found us! How long have you been dancing? Your picture is beautiful! I am under a year for dancing...Almost brand new, but I am learning and having a great time. I hope you like it here as much as I do. There are lots of wonderful dancers with good advice and good entertainment. HINT: The games are FUN! Welcome and Happy surfing.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Sara!
    Also in NC, Asheville. Welcome! This is a wonderful forum!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi KuteNurse! I've been dancing for about 5 and a half years. Since then, bellydance has completely taken over my life! (in a good way, of course.)
    Who do you dance with in Asheville, Tina? I know some of the dancers out there b/c my sister goes to school at UNCA.

Post Thanks / Like

I take lessons at the West Asheville Rec Center on Monday nights with a lady named SuResha. I like her alot. She's such a "lady"! She's traveled alot, but has been teaching in this area for years, I guess. I've only been taking lessons for about a year, and know I haveALOT to learn! I'd like to also take lessons with another lady here in town, but haven't had the time. One of the nurses I work with takes lessons from her and loves her. Mahsati Janan? (I sure hope I've spelled her name right!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SaraKat View Post
    Hi everyone! My name is Sara and I'm a bellydancer from central North Carolina. I teach and perform Tribal style and I'm taking classes in Oriental.
    Nice to meet you all!

Sara Beaman | tribal style belly dance
    Fancy meeting you here! I just started posting here again about a week ago...

Post Thanks / Like

Asim! OMG Hi! How are you doing? We missed you at the NCBellydance anniversary show. Are you going to any events in the next few months?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SaraKat View Post
    Asim! OMG Hi! How are you doing? We missed you at the NCBellydance anniversary show. Are you going to any events in the next few months?
    I missed you guys, too! I have a family situation that's making my ability to commit somewhat suspect. And, sadly, that goes for the near future as well, at least the next month or two.

Hopefully soon things'll settle out, and I'll be around more! I'm going to try really hard to come out for Samantha Riggs in Asheville...

Post Thanks / Like

hi, welcome. i'm in NC too, Boone. i was taking lessons in granite falls. maybe you know the drive-risky, if the weather is not optimal...well coming from this side of the mountain anyway.

are you part of any local/NC BD forum? i'm not but need to be because i am desperately wanting to attend some workshops but am so far out of the BD loop that i never get the 411 in time.

its so fun to have other NC belly dancers on here.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry to hear that about your family, Asim. I'm going to try to make it to the Samantha Riggs workshop too, so hopefully I'll see you there!

Charity, I don't know of any local forums like this one, but there is always the CarolinaBellydancers Yahoo group. If you go to Yahoo Groups and search for that name, you will find it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast