Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! Great that you are starting to find some joy again. Dance is definitely a help!
    immer glimmer

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. I feel very welcome.

I agree that dance is a great healer. I have felt this very much. I am not the only woman in my class who is reclaiming her life through belly dance. We joke that we are a bunch of Desperate Housewives. Some of us are damaged emotionally and others have had health problems. My family tell me that I am on a high when I return from class and they have been happy for me to be doing something that I obviously love. Sometimes I find it frustrating being a beginner but when I can switch my brain off I feel my spirit soar.

BTW my husband, despite being the cause of much of my heartache, is a changed man. He is completely remorseful for the hurt he has caused and is doing everything he can to make amends and help me heal. He is now the beautiful man I always saw inside of him and the husband I always dreamed of. He is thrilled that I am doing things for myself and especially that I am belly dancing. He's taken up Arabic drumming so that he can accompany me.

Amulya, my teachers' name is Josefina. Everybody just loves her. She is a local woman and very well known and respected around here. The energy she brings to class is awesome. She understands that many of us are unsure and struggling but she has a way of building our confidence and making us want to extend ourselves. I consider her a friend already. I have seen her dance out of class at a festival and she was captivating. I'm totally a fan. Can you tell? LOL

Chani

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear about your hard times.

Welcome to the forum and bellydance!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome in this wonderful forum!
    Enjoy reading and posting

Maria Aya, Greece

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12